The Night after Sleepover (Fiona Tilbury)

It was a bright Sunday afternoon, and that meant a great end for the girl's sleepover at Fiona's home

It was a bright Sunday afternoon, and that meant a great end for the girl's sleepover at Fiona's home. Mrs. Celine, Fiona's mom eagerly served her most delicious cupcakes for the bunch of young ladies as they kept chatting over the High School's hottest gossips.

"Oh Mrs Celine, your cupcakes are just divine" exclaimed Rosie, as she bit into the cream of the town's favourite cupcake.

"I know embarrassing to say this, but Mrs Celine, sometimes we just stop by here to have a taste of those lovely sweets and bakes of yours! It tastes like no other across this town!" Beth added as she too relished her butterscotch cupcake.

Mrs. Celine, was indeed proud to hear their praises as she hurried herself back to the kitchen, as she prepared for the family supper. "Oh! Now I would count that as a bigger honour than Master Chef awards itself! It's so kind of all of you guys!" she said with a motherly warmth in her smile. She was the best baker in town and had her own bakery brimming with the town's best supply of bakes and confectionery. Her business itself made a good amount of cash but that didn't stop her from remaining kind and humble, unlike the town's other rich folks who had developed a phycological aversion towards their poor counterparts who lived a life of depravities rather than the luxuries. She was a woman who enjoyed her little passion for cooking and had no problem in giving a little amount of what she earned to the rundown orphanage on the outskirts of the town. All that mattered to her was the happiness she saw on people's faces as they took a moment to put away their stressful life every day and savour what she served. And as a mother, Celine had brought up her only daughter with lots of love and care. Neither spoiled nor neglected!

The girls spoke by the dinner table still nibbling over cupcakes and grabbing more from the plate as they finished. Jamie's brother pulled over first and then slowly everyone left except for Rosie. Rosie was Fiona's best friend since their childhood. She lived down the next block and the girls grew up together just like sisters.

"Looks like your dad ain't coming any soon, Rose" Fiona chuckled, giving a gentle pat on her friend's shoulder.

"Oh! Maybe that would mean staying by this lovely home for more sweet morrow Miss!" replied Rosie with a slight mischievous giggle.

Just then, the girls heard a loud honk on the outside of the door

"Hey! It's Mr Francs here!", burst Celine as she opened the front door for Rosie's dad.

"Holla Lady of the house. Nice smell indeed. I spy a good cupcake Mrs Celine" replied the man with a loud laugh.

After having a short tea with Celine and talking about the girls and their studies, Francs and Rosie hopped out towards their car bidding farewell to the family.

"Fiona, don't forget to check it out okay? We have all used it and it's quite easy and fun you know! Just be sure you don't share anything with anyone and you will be fine. We will talk tomorrow when we meet!" Rosie whispered into Fiona's ears as they embraced each other before stepping onto her father's jeep.

The night went by swiftly and Fiona found herself buried in thoughts as she pulled over her cosy blanket and rolled in for the night's sleep. She looked at her phone and sighed with a hint of uncertainty and guilt as she thought about all her friend's advice. All she wanted was someone to speak to when her friends enjoyed their time with their friends and partners. Every day was getting more and more lonely as her friends nudged away with their own newly found teenage life and all she dearly wished for was good company just like they had. But talking to a stranger who she never met in real life was something which never struck right to her naïve mind. And the thought of striking a match with some random unseen man on a chat site just didn't sound right to her at the moment. But in the end, as slumber began to proclaim her tired self, she began to ask herself, what if luck had brought a company for her too, in one of those chatrooms...

................................................................................................................................................................