Chapter 1: The Wolf Bite

Izuku slowly opened his window and crept out as quietly as possible. He didn't want to wake up his mother, after all. Once he got both legs outside, he slid the rest of his body out the window and landed on the railing of the fire escape. Once he safely gained his footing, he went downstairs until he got to concrete and then walked off.

Izuku Midoriya, a quirkless 12-year-old boy. A boy who needed some fresh air and space after having an argument with his mother hours prior. He couldn't even remember what their argument was about and he didn't exactly care at the moment either.

Izuku simply let his mind wander as he walked the sidewalk. As he walked, he felt the cool, midnight air blow against his face. He saw the natural, luminescent glow of the moon, and he heard the occasional passing of a car, either heading home for the day after many long hours of work or going to work for a night shift.

Izuku stopped short when he heard a small growling from the inside of a nearby alleyway.

He peered into the alleyway, only to find that the only thing he could see was nothing but darkness. Izuku took a small step forward into the alley, but stopped himself shortly after.

'NO!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!' Izuku thought to himself. 'You were just about to walk into a very dark, very creepy alley with a growl coming from it!'

Izuku slowly took another step.

'Izuku, for the love of God, STOP TAKING STEPS!! Remember the old saying: Curiosity killed the cat. In this scenario, YOU ARE THE CAT!!!'

Yet another step is taken.

'Then again... the last part of that saying is that curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back. So if I'm the cat right now... ah screw it.'

Izuku took a few more steps until he was walking slowly through the alleyway, using his hand on the wall as guidance. As he walked, his mind began to wonder what kind of creature could make such a sound.

As it turns out, he wouldn't need to wonder for much longer. The growl came back, this time much closer and deeper.

Izuku stopped dead in his tracks, listening for any sound of movement. 'Ok, either I'm getting closer or it's right in front of me,' Izuku thought. Please be the former of the two, please.'

Another growl could be heard just as its creature of origin stepped out from the darkness. It had reddish-brown fur, dull yellow eyes, teeth as sharp as razor blades, and walked on four legs.

It was a wolf, and it was ready to pounce at Izuku.
—————————————————————————
Izuku winced at the feeling of hydrogen peroxide on open skin. It stung like hell, but it would help with the currently bleeding bite mark on his arm.

He grabbed the medical bandages from the first aid kit and wrapped the fabric around his forearm, making sure they were tight enough so that they wouldn't fall off. As soon as he taped them down, he watched the angel white bandages turn a dark, blood red in a few spots.

Izuku sighed. He knew he'd have to change them again before he left for school in the morning, and on that note, he'd have to figure out how to hide them from his mother, knowing she would worry and ask him a menagerie of questions. But at the moment, Izuku just wanted to go to sleep and not worry about it.

Izuku slipped into his pajamas and lied down on his bed, shifting his body to the side. He closed his eyes and began to drift off, probably due to the blood loss he experienced hours earlier.

As Izuku slept, he didn't stir as a faint, golden glow swirled and spread across his bandage-covered arm, slightly illuminating the dark bedroom.