Chapter 6: Instincts

Izuku walked outside the school silently, thinking to himself. 'What was he thinking?! Doesn't he know that driven suicide on another student could affect his dreams of becoming a hero? What if I actually jumped? What would he do then? What would happen to my-'

Izuku stopped when he saw his notebook in the water, the koi fish nibbling on it. 'My dreams have turned into fish food...'

He looked at the koi fish for a moment before scattering them away and reaching out for his book. "Hey, that's enough. Give that back."

Izuku looked at the burned at damp notebook. It seemed salvageable enough, but Izuku still shook his head sadly.

'Stupid jerk...'
—————————————————————————
"Come on, Mom! It's computer time!" A four-year-old Izuku was rocking back and forth in his chair as his mother started up the computer.

"Again?! Izuku I think you're the one responsible for tens of thousands of the video's views!" She smiled as Izuku sat up straight and watched as she clicked the video. "I don't why you like it so much. It's a little too scary for mommy to watch."

It was an old clip. There was this big disaster a while back, but in the aftermath...

Izuku could still here the commentary of the video and almost see it through his eyes.

A certain hero made his debut.

"Fear not! 'Why?' you ask? Cuz...I AM HERE!"

"Wow! He's so cool! When I get my quirk...I wanna be just like him!"

"I'm afraid there's no hope for him. He's amongst the 20% who don't have quirks."

"I'm sorry Izuku... I wish things were different..."

"I thought we were the last ones!"
—————————————————————————
Izuku sighed softly at the memories as they came to mind. He headed down towards an underpass to the bus shelter. He needed to hurry before it got dark, and God knows what horrible things crawl around at night.

"A medium sized body to hide in." Izuku turned around to see a villain, his body entirely made up of sludge.

Izuku's eyes widened as his eyes began to glow a golden light, turning from green to yellow. This meant that his wolf instincts were coming into play. He quickly dodged the villain as the sludge man charged, then landed on all fours and looked up at the villain.

Unfortunately, the villain managed to get a hold on Izuku and began to suffocate him.

"You're a nimble little meat suit, aren't ya? Don't worry, this'll be quick..."

Izuku's nails grew into claws as he desperately clawed at the sludge. He couldn't die here! Not yet!

As Izuku clawed desperately, he began to lose consciousness and passed out. The villain smiled menacingly, but as soon as he did, a bright golden light shined into the villain's eyes, blinding him.

"Ahh!"

When the villain's vision cleared, what he saw made his eyes go wide. He saw a black dog- no, a black wolf with vibrant green eyes, growling menacingly as it stood in front of Izuku's unconscious body. The villain couldn't believe what he was seeing. Was this the kid's quirk?

The villain didn't have time to think as Izuku charged at him, but was blown out of the way and hit the wall. Izuku yelped at the impact and looked up, only for his eyes to widen in shock.

"No way..." Izuku muttered. "Is that...?"

"FEAR NOT!! FOR I AM HERE!!"
—————————————————————————
All Might had made quick haste of the villain, and managed to catch a black wolf dragging his own, unconscious body by the scruff of his shirt. He only stopped when he saw All Might staring at him.

All Might, thinking that this wolf was a dog of some sort, decided to approach the dog and pat its head. "Is this young man your owner, boy?"

Izuku looked up and tilted his head slightly at All Might. All Might tilted his head as well. They both stared at one another until Izuku's ears perked up and he began to rummage through his backpack, his tail wagging.

"What're you doing now?" All Might asked. The wolf pulled out a notebook from the backpack and held it in between his teeth, then sat down in front of All Might.

All Might took the notebook without hesitation. "Ah, an autograph for your friend when he wakes up? That I can do!"

All Might opened the notebook and scribbled on the next available page and carefully put it back in Izuku's backpack. "There you go! For young Midoriya! Apologies for you and your owner getting caught up in my villain hunt! Mistakes like that aren't my style but...this is a strange land to me. And besides, I'm off camera!"

Izuku let out a big bark in response. All Might then began to squat down as he spoke. "Now I must bring this fellow to the authorities! Your owner can catch me again on TV!"

Izuku watched in confusion as All Might squatted down and shoved the bottle of villain sludge in his side pockets. Izuku let out a string of confused wolf sounds.

"A hero battles not only villains but time as well." All Might tensed up as if he was about to jump and Izuku panicked. Quickly jumping back into his body, he grabbed onto All Might's trouser leg and held on tightly as All Might sprang up and he was flying. 'I still need to ask you something!'

All Might look down towards his leg, where Izuku was holding on tightly.

"HEY NOW! LET GO OF ME! I APPRECIATE MY FANS BUT THIS IS TOO MUCH!!" All Might yelled as he tried to push Izuku off, which only made him hold on tighter.

"All Might, if I let go, I'll die!" Izuku yelled. He pushed his head into All Might's side and held on tightly. All Might grabbed onto him, but held just as tight, making sure he doesn't fall to his death.

"Good point," All Might muttered. All that went through Izuku's head was: 'He was going to let me fall to death?!'

Izuku sighed a breath of relief, but perked up when he heard All Might let a cough out. He opened his mouth to ask if he was alright, but shut it instantly when he smelled a faint but unmistakable scent. His eyes flashed a faint golden color at the familiar scent.

Blood...

A/N: DANG IT HAS BEEN A HOT MINUTE. Happy New Year, everyone! I figured this would be a nice way to start 2024! You all have been asking and asking, so I shall deliver! Until next time, misfits and freaks!