aw shit, here we go again

ʚĭɞ — ʚĭɞ

King, unlike everyone else within the tavern, was completely and utterly sober.

He was watching the absolute chaos that was his current situation, stuck between two of his close friends, Diane, who was currently at a relatively normal size, and his captain, Meliodas. Both of them, heavily drunk.

At the other end of the table, Ban and Escanor were singing some song that they heard in town the other night, both extremely out of sync with one another. Diane was giggling into her mug of ale, watching the two in front of her as they abruptly stopped and turned to each other, looking befuddled.

“Youuu.. Remember the chorus, right buddy?” Ban slurred, staring down at the lanky man beside him. Escanor looked back up at him nervously, twiddling his thumbs. “I- I uhh.. Thought you heard it since you stayed and listened while I went off to buy more ale?”

The pale blue haired man deflated, very disappointed. “Aw mannn.. I really liked that song though.” He perked back up, eyes sparkling. “Oh wait! We can just make our own chorus!!”

“O-Oh, right of course!” Escanor stuttered, not very confident in his ability to think of any lyrics.

King sighed, deciding to look away from the rest of the table and just think for a moment. He glanced around the room, checking out the few customers that were still in the tavern and began to wonder where the other two members of their dysfunctional group were.

He knew Merlin was experimenting with demon blood back in her tower, which was admittedly very worrying, since who knows what could happen when it's Merlin experimenting. But he trusted her, seeing as he had known her for many, many years, but also since she was willing to work with the rest of them to free the kingdom.

Yet as for the final member, Gowther, King did not have a single clue of where that boy could be. He might be with Merlin, being a test subject for her new project, he could be in the town library, researching something, he could be in the forest, or be somewhere none of them even knew about.

He sighed once more, taking a quick glance back at everyone else before standing up, feeling an urge to head towards the forest, grabbed a mug of ale, and went outside, looking around.

Turning towards the forest behind him, King flew off, noticing a faint light somewhere in the distance. It made him curious, so he followed it. That probably wasn’t a good idea, but he knew he’d be fine, he was strong enough to beat anything that tried to mess with him. Right?

ʚĭɞ — ʚĭɞ

He’d been flying for about 30 minutes now, and yet only felt a hint of his usual exhaustion. His mug of ale was long empty and gone by now, he left it near some sunflowers early on in his flight. King didn’t really have to grab anything to drink when he was leaving, since the one they all had out at the tavern had only given him a bit of a buzz.

Normally by now he’d have at least yawned and snuggled back onto his pillow, but King felt abnormally energized, and calm apparently, seeing as how he wasn’t panicking even the slightest bit from that fact.

It definitely had something to do with that strange light.

Yet he just couldn’t find anything within him to look away from it.

King suddenly blinked away blank spots in his vision, realizing the light was way closer than it had been mere moments ago and it was emanating from a beautiful crystal.

And just as he was about to grab it, now even more curious than he was before he started his flight.

He felt a sharp, stabbing pain in his neck.

ʚĭɞ — ʚĭɞ