Chapter 1.

Tris's pov:

Loosing someone you love is like loosing a part of yourself.

That's how I felt when me and Tobias broke up. He knew me like nobody else, he was my emotional support, the one who would carry me through everything. The only person who made me feel safe. All that disappeared when we split.

We went through so much together, and I think this is one of the reasons why we are not together anymore. All the trauma, all the pain and all the blood on our hands made us stronger but also weaker.

When the war ended, we came back to the Dauntless compound and tried to live a normal life. I had moved with him and at the beginning it was fine. But eventually, things went downhill and we couldn't stand ourselves. We would argue for every stupid details and at the end the fights were too painful to be brushed away. Especially our last fight, the night that we broke up three weeks ago.

I finished worked way later than I expected and all I dreamed of was my bed. I was tired and irritable. On my way home, I ignored Zeke's offer to go zip lining because I didn't wanted to do anything that included social interaction. All I wanted was to go to sleep.

When I arrived to the appartement I realized that it was very messy, nothing like the clean appartement I left before work this morning.
Clothes were all over the floor and I even tripped on a pair of pants when I entered the bathroom.
Suddenly, I heard some noise coming from the kitchen. I didn't know if Tobias was home so I took out my riffle and made my way to the kitchen.

And there he was, sitting on the counter with a bottle in his hand. He probably didn't hear me arrive because when he saw me he jumped. ''God Tris, don't scare me like that.'' As he jumped off the counter I noticed his sloppy stance, as if he had trouble to stand on his feet. He was drunk again. Probably like almost every night since the war ended, six months ago.

''Seriously?'' I asked, pissed. ''What?'' A confused look on his face that made me nothing but angrier. ''Don't look at me like you don't know what im talking about Tobias. I almost broke my ass trying to go to the bathroom!'' My cuss caught him by surprise. I don't cuss often but when I do, he knows that it's because im very mad.

''Wow Tris, no need to be so harsh. You don't look like you hurt yourself so don't make this a big deal.'' He said playfully, trying to take me in his arms. I brushed him off and turned away. ''Oh so you're mad now, what did I do this time?'' The fact that he wasn't taking me seriously was infuriating. ''Im really not in the mood to joke around. Could you just clean up your mess please?''

But as I said that he was already sitting on the couch chuckling to himself. ''What's so funny?'' He looked at me,''You're cute when you're mad you know that?'' He really isn't listening. I made my way to him and took the bottle of alcool in his hand. He unsuccessfully tried to take it back but I was quicker so I took it away from his grip.

''Tris, give it back,'' he said in a low voice. ''No, I think you've had enough of that.'' I snapped. ''Tris seriously, don't play with me right now.'' He was now standing and approached me carefully. ''Oh im the one playing? Is this some kind of joke to you? Tobias, im really tired of getting home every night on a messy appartement and a drunk boyfriend. Can you please make an effort and get yourself together?''

He frowned his eyebrows and looked at me with a serious look. ''I am making efforts, in fact I think you are the one not making some because you keep being distant with me. Why do you think I drink every nights?'' ''Drinking is not a way to cope nor forget.'' I retort. ''No, but it makes the pain go away for a bit.'' he says slowly. ''It's very unhealthy.'' I add. ''Gosh Tris, are you my mom or something? Why do you suddenly care?''  he asks, pissed.