Prologue

~Could I be a Wizard?~

(Your POV )

.

.

.

You sat in a dusty rundown room staring out the window remembering how on July 31st was what you'd been told was the day you made everyones life hell. You were old enough then to remember the way everyone avoided you, and stared in disgust as if you were a demon. It's always the same though: I would be locked up in my room since the others didn't like me for two reasons. On certain days my eyes looked red according to the adults and under all my h/c hair was a thin layer of snow white hair. I tried to cover my eyes with sunglasses but unsurprisingly they still don't accept me thinking I was a devils child.

I was hoping it would be different as I aged...it didn't and now I lived in abandoned buildings or walked the streets of London sleepless during the night with a knife at my waist waiting to be pulled out for defense.

It was nearing the end of the day meaning my favorite part of living was about to show. I leaned against the old cracked window sill, the beautiful sunset casting its warm glow through my window and onto me. I'm glad I have something to look forward to everyday and today it looked most beautiful," ...Happy Birthday Y/N....."

As I was distracted looking at the sunset slowly depart, leaving me to enjoy its final glows on my birthday I suddenly heard screams. My body went stiff as I turned away from the window and carefully made my way across the room, I think it's time to leave.. I saw lights flashing around downstairs, more screams from the other homeless who took the ground floor and left me alone up stairs. I put my backpack on and tightened the straps, then clicked it along my chest. I went back towards the window, the sun gone, only everglow left to give me a view of my jumping venture out the window. The bedroom door suddenly swung open scaring me out the window, my fingertips along the window sill the only thing holding me up.

"There's no one here."

"That can't be we heard footsteps up here."

My feet were looking for the next windows ledge, when they finally found it I stood on it with the tips of my shoes and attempted to lower one of my hands to my feet. Close enough I didn't have time to be safe so I let go of the window sill and dropped down, barely managing to grab onto the ledge my feet were just one. My fingers are gonna hate me later for this! I heard the sound of bird wings and I looked up to see an owl? It stood on the ledge I was just hanging from, and I noticed it had a letter in it's mouth.

It stayed there and suddenly looked down at me.

"What the-"

Suddenly a light hit my eyes, then yells, and a whistle and the panic inside me turned into adrenaline. I let go crashing into the dirt floor, I didn't give myself any time to recover I fought to my feet and ran. More screams directed at me, I could hear the pitter patter of their feet stomping into the ground behind me. I darted into different alleyways to lose them, and once I'd run far from that house I leaned against a stony wall and slid down to a seated position. I placed my hand on my chest, my heart beating a mile a minute, my breathing was still rushed and flushed from all that running. I closed my eyes for a second, leaning my head back attempting to calm myself. I suddenly felt like I was being watched and I've learned to not second guess my instincts. I jumped to my feet, feeling them tired and acheing, but I pushed the feeling down and bolted to the end of the alleyway.

I'd made it to another spot I would often stay at, a deep red and orange was all that was left from the sun, the sky becoming a deep shade of blue slowly. I was approaching a sewage path underneath a raised road, it smelled terrible but that's exactly why it was safe. No one ever comes here but me.