Episode 124: The Revived Phantom Knight

The neon blue platforms of the Field Spell: Cross Over, sparkle into existence and a flurry of Action cards are dispersed across the lab with a burst of sound like smashing glass.

Yuya/Ruri: "Duel!"

Yuya: "My turn."

Yuya checks the cards in his opening hand and is surprised to see that instead of his deck, he is holding Phantom Knights cards, which belong to Yuto.

("Did Yuto's will to save Ruri change my cards?")

Yuya looks over at the ethereal apparition of Yuto floating beside him, which only he can see. Yuto looks back at Yuya.

Yuto: "Let's go Yuya!"

Yuya agrees with a nod, briefly checks the unfamiliar cards in his hand, then makes his move.

Yuya: "I place 4 cards face down. And end my turn."

Ruri: "Face down cards and no monsters. This strategy feels familiar..."

Yuto: "That's right Ruri, please remember..."

Yuto has a flashback to the Ancient Gear monsters stamping their way through Heartland city in the XYZ dimension. The huge monsters rampaged through the city, trampling his home while the people watched in horror, powerless to stop it. Yuto stands ready to fight, but notices Ruri clutching a crying child. She pleads that duelling shouldn't be a tool for violence. It should be used to bring happiness and joy to everyone.

Yuya, with Yuto's memories flooding his mind, tries to talk Ruri down. Yuya and Yuto's voices overlap, trying to remind the brainwashed Ruri of the words she spoke that day.

Yuya/Yuto: "You once told me dueling should be used to bring smiles to everyone. What happened Ruri?"

Ruri gets noticeably aggravated by his words.

Ruri: "Who the hell are you!?"

Yuya/Yuto: "It's me. Yuto!"

Ruri is taken aback by the declaration.

-

From another room in the castle, Akaba Leo is watching the duel on an overhead monitor and he visibly reacts hearing Yuya's declaration.

Leo: ("Has he already assimilated one of them?")

-

Ruri: "Stop messing with me! My turn!"

She draws a card.

"When neither of us control a monster, I can special summon Lyrical Luscinia - Turquoise Warbler from my hand using its effect. (Lv 1)

Then with Turquoise Warbler's effect, I can special summon Lyrical Luscinia - Sapphire Swallow from my hand as well. (Lv 1)

Now I overlay my 2 level 1 monsters and build the Overlay Network!

Birds with beautiful wings. Gather together, take flight and dance! I Xyz Summon, Lyrical Luscinia - Assembly Nightingale!" (Atk 0 Rank 1)

A bird woman with huge white feathered wings and a white and blue feathered skirt appears on Ruri's field.

"My monster gains 100 Atk for each of its Overlay Units..."

Yuya/Yuto: "And it can attack directly that many times."

Ruri: "So you know about my Lyrical Luscinia cards, maybe there is some truth to you being Yuto. Regardless, you don't know about this card..."

She takes a card from her hand and dramatically reveals it to Yuya.