Chapter 20 - Other Families, Other Problems

Shino's P.O.V

" YOU NO GOOD, STINKING, LYING, YELLOW BELLIED, SON OF A -" Patron was feral, he presses himself against the high tech material and reached out towards Fernandiaz.

We had just watch every little action take its course. While Patron was high on wrath and bile, I was numb with horror.

Just like Kol, no matter how much I tried to avoid the vision it just kept coming. My stomach churned at each sight and realization. But I didn't know which was more sickening, the fact that my ex best friend just blew up kids that also happened to be the childhood home of my boyfriend, or Artemis being so.... Vengeful.

I looked back up at the now pure static TV, the video was brought to an end when Artemis swung the weapon high and brought it down. It doesn't take Mario's genius to understand what happened.

It was all just a sick pit, my brain was sluggish, sound was muffled, my stomach was like the sea in a hurricane. I was faintly aware of the arguing to my side,  but the same thought just played it my mind.

What have I done?

                                           •~•

Jack's P.O.V

I collapsed in the dirt of the baseball field, exhausted. We had spent the last two hours running just to get our way back to the field. I don't know why, but the others made me take the lead and show the way back to our base.... Reminder, I can't navigate! So after 10 minutes of the others yelling at me, Buck lead us back.

" Jack, get up. We have bigger issues." Barked Blake in a whisper, not even making eye contact with me as she offered her hand to help me.

To the side, I saw what she was looking at. So, picking myself up, we discovered a pissed looking Umbra in the safety shed, typing on Larson's laptop.

" U-U-Umbra?" The nervous rocket scientist went forward. " you want to talk about it?"

Instead, he just minded his own Buisness, heading to the scrap pile at the end of the field going " yeah, can someone help me move all this?" He asked casually, beckoning the rest of us forward.

But instead, a New York whistle sliced through the mood, we yanked our attention to the three years older woman jogging towards us, mischievous and sinister wrapped up In choppy brown haired, green eyed emotion manipulator, sealed in a green and gold Canadian Varsity Jacket.

" wow, that went in the complete other way than I expected! Well done Jack, you weren't short minded this time" my cousin beamed at me, reaching our group.

Now I was confused, was she spying again? Like last time?

"What the?- why are you here?!" I demanded, as much as I love my cousin, I'm still a bit rough around the edges with her since we still had , no have a lot of family drama.

" surprisingly, to help."

Umbra was now here, his stern unmoving gaze upon Laura " who says we need it?" He challenged, crossing his arms over his chest. But all she did was smirk.

" do you know who Kol was working for? Where the TNT came from? Who Shino is with?" She short back. Umbra was taken back at the last question, but stil kept his look, even as my psychotic cousin walked right up to his face.

" I know it all. I've lived in it for the past 10 years. And you want to take him down as much as I do. I can help, no peaceful resolve, no negotiation, all there's going to be is one man's blood soaked corpse Lying in a heap from an atrocious death by our hands."