Twenty-Four

Tony sat at the table on the bridge deck, his thoughts running wild. Izzy was gone, Coulson died and now Loki had the scepter, again. Thor and Bruce had disappeared, but they had Barton back, that was a small win.

'These were in Phil Coulsons jacket..'..Fury says, holding up trading cards...'I guess he never did get you to sign them..'.. He tosses them onto the table, in front of Rogers.

'We're dead in the air up here..'..Fury tells the two men, sat at the table...'Our communications, the location of the cube, Banner and Thor... I got nothing for you. I lost my one good eye, and now my daughter, our best Agent. He has plans for her, for what... I don't know..'.. He sighs, leaning on the desk, shaking his head.

He stands up, pacing around...'Yes, we were going to build an arsenal with the tesseract. I never put all my chips on that number though, because I was playing something riskier..'.. He stops behind one of the empty chairs, leaning on it as he continued.

'There was an idea. Stark and Izzy knew this, called the Avengers Initiative..'.. He walks around the table, stopping at another empty chair, between Rogers and Stark.

'The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, to see if they could become something more. To see if they could work together, when we needed them to. To fight the battles, that we never could. Phil Coulson died, still believing in that idea, Izzy believes that you can be heroes..'..

Tony stands up, hearing him say her name. His mind was going into overdrive, thinking of what Loki could want with her, what he could do to her. Tony just lost a friend, Izzy lost someone she loved like family.

Tony walks out of the room, not saying a word. He didn't know where he was going as he walked, he just let his feet take him as he got lost in his thoughts.

----------------------------------------------------------

He stood, staring out at the space where the cell was. His eyes darted to the bloodstain on the wall, off to the side. That could've been her, it still could be. Loki hadn't hurt her, he just took her. Tony hears footsteps coming into the room, he doesn't bother to turn, to see who it is.

'Was he married?'... Tony recognised Caps voice.

'No. There was a cellist, I think'... He replies, trying to figure it all out.

'I'm sorry. He seemed like a good man'... Caps tone turned compassionate. He understood what it was like to lose a friend.

'He was Izzy's family..'.. Tony turned, shaking his head...'Though he was an idiot'

'Why? For believing?'... Rogers asks with a frown.

Tony turned fully, looking at Cap as he walked to the steps... 'For taking on Loki alone. Izzy is faster, stronger, better, and he took her. Coulson had no chance'

'He was doing his job'... Cap tells him.

'He was out of his league, he should've waited. And she should've as well'... Tony walks down the steps as Cap comes around.

'Sometimes, there isn't a right way Tony'... Cap sighs at the other man.

'Right, I've heard that before'... Tony scoffs sarcastically.

'Is this the first time you've lost a soldier?'... Rogers asks Tony as he passes him. He knew straight away, he said the wrong thing.

Tony whips round, anger coursing through him... 'We are not soldiers!..'.. He takes a second to compose himself...'Im not marching to Furys' fife'

'Neither am I. He's got the same blood on his hands as Loki does. But right now, we got to put that behind us, and get this done..'.. Cap says, watching Tony. He had been in Starks shoes before. An enemy had take someone he had cared about too. And he had run straight into battle to get them back. He knew Tony would do the same, with or without help...'He took her, but didn't hurt her. She may be a bargaining chip. Right now, he needs a power source. We-..'

Tony interrupts him... 'He made it personal'

Rogers frowns at him... 'Thats not the point-..'

'That is the point. That's Lokis' point. He hit us all where we live. Why?..'... Tony looks at Cap, his mind spinning as he tries to figure out Lokis' plan.

'To tear us apart..'... Rogers watches as Tony thinks it over.

'Yeah, devide and conquer is great, but he knows he has to take us out to win, right? That's what he wants. He wants to beat us, wants to be seen doing it... He wants an audience'... Tony walks past Cap, his mind whirling.

'Right. I caught his act in Stuttgart..'.. Cap turns, waiting on Tony.

'Yeah, that's just previews. This is opening night..'.. Tony walks up the steps, turning to Rogers...'And Loki, he's a full tilt diva, right? He wants flowers, he wants parades. A trophy, that's why he took her. He wants a monument built to the skies, with his name plastere-..'

Realisation hits him, the tower. Loki took her, not just as a trophy, but because she can give him full access to the tower. She can open the portal with Selvig...'Son of a bitch'

Tony runs past Cap, heading to the lab to quickly patch his suit, Rogers followed right behind him. Tony had to get back, he had to save her. He knew she would hate herself, knowing she played a part in it.

----------------------------------------------------------

Loki was in the main room of the tower, watching her at that holographic table. She took over the system of the tower, Selvigs machine was now linked to that reactor, as she called it.

She was smart, beautiful, and from the truth SHIELD tried to bury in her mind, she was as deadly, as she was powerful. Someone he could have, as his queen.

'Diagnostics show that the machine is operational and ready, my king..'.. She looks over at him, a wicked smile upon her lips...'We are a go, at your command'

Lokis' body twitched at her words. Her voice turned sultry, when she called him 'king'. He wanted her, but he would wait, until she was willing. He smirked, once this world was under his command, he would lift his control of her. He had a feeling, that now she knew the truth, she would stay at his side.

'Come darling, let us get you dressed. No queen of mine, will wear such things'... He gestures to her clothes with the scepter. He watches, as she saunters over to him, placing her hands on his chest. She goes up on her toes, to kiss him.

Loki fought not to take her there and them. He wanted her willing, not controlled. He may be a villain right now, but he would never take advantage of a woman, without her consent.

He steps back from her, waving his hand, as he conjures an outfit, fit for a queen. He takes her waist and spins her to the window, so she can see her reflection.

She was now dressed in Agardian battle armour. Her outfit was black trousers, as were her boots. Green trim, with gold buckles on her boots, that matched her belt. A black corset, sat over a forest green shirt, the corset lace was gold. A gold snake choker around her neck, that matched her earrings. A small horned band around her head, similar to his helmet. Daggers that matched his, were sat against her thighs in holders.

'Does this fit to your liking my queen?'... He asks, watching her take in her appearance.

she turns to him, her ice blue eyes sparkling, as she gave him a slow smile... 'Yes my king'

😘