Frustration and an idiot ~

Pairing: Xavier Thorpe x Delinquent!fem!reader

Warnings: mentions of a fist fight, fluff

~

"Are you done?" She stood herself up, awaiting an answer from the boy, who had rolled onto his back and stared up at her.

y/n breathed hard while keeping intense eye contact with the boy, Mateo, hoping that he would decide he had enough so she could leave. She had barely taken notice of her bruised knuckles or the scratches on them; not even the burning sensation on them made her break the stare she held with Mateo.

Mateo averted his eyes from hers and looked around at the crowd that had formed in the quad. Swallowing hard, his jaw hurt, and for a good reason, yet he clenched it hard. Reaching up and wiping away some blood under his nose, Mateo slowly sat himself up.

"Are you going to answer me or just sit there?" At the moment, the people around them were just blurry figures that she had no interest in caring about.

"What do you want me to say? I only told the truth, and you know it." His voice was smug as he looked up at her, keeping a hand under his nose and letting the blood simply run down onto it.

She was about to throw another punch at the boy when she was cut off by the sound of a teacher, the one thing she did not need right now. She knew it would be followed by being dragged to Weem, and she would simply tell y/n to sit down in one of the chairs. Every time it was the same. Every time she was asked what had made her do what she did, she would simply tell Weems that she got irritated.

It did, however, always seem as though the woman in charge at Nevermore knew there was a deeper reason for why she got into fights but never could figure out why.

Whirling her head around to see which direction the teacher, most likely Mrs. Thornhill, would come from, she realised just how many people were standing around. It had been stupid to pick a fight in the quad, but oh well, it was too late to change what had been done.

"You're fucked, l/n." Mateo sneered at her from where he still sat on the ground, earning a cold stare before y/n turned and finally saw where she could easily run away.

Swiftly, y/n turned towards where she could easily leave school and not be there when the teacher came, and without hesitation, she started to push past people in the crowd. Some of them did not care to let her through, but y/n were persistent in making her way out of there.

Right before she could get much further, she felt a very light tug on her arm, yet one that made her stop. "y/n."

It was Enid; her face carried worry as she looked at her friend, whose face was blue and purple, or at least on her cheek. The blond's brows were furrowed in panic, and her grip on y/n's wrist tightened just a little more as if to keep her there, an unasked question of why she had done it in the air.

"Let me go, Enid." She spoke sternly and tried to tug her arm back so she could leave easily; she did not want the lecture from Mrs. Thornhill now.

"y/n, what..?" Ajax's confused voice caused her to turn her head once more and find the gorgon there, along with him—Xavier Thorpe.

For a moment, her eyes stayed focused on Xavier, whose brows were furrowed. Why did he care? He was the one who declared them rivals when she first started at Nevermore. Yet she had somehow fallen for the idiot.

The crowd dispersed as she turned her head away, and people returned to their respective tasks. Mateo had his friends help him stand up, and she was currently glaring daggers her way; the blood from his nose had dried.