⁰²𝐁𝐀𝐈𝐓

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖔
b a i t

Arisa hissed in pain, her leg falling stuck between the crack of a roof she had failed to notice.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." Her eyes widened at the sight of the two sinister-smiling titans heading towards her. In an attempt to break herself free, a large piece of wood pierced her leg— a pained grunt spilling through gritted teeth. Without wasting any precious time, Arisa quickly pulled the stake-shape wood out and tossed it aside.

With the titans getting nearer, she had no choice but to jump into action with a heavily bleeding leg.

"Come and get me, you son of a bitch."

Once one of them got closer, she grappled to the back of its neck and used it as leverage to pull herself closer, cutting off its arms in the process. After slicing the nape, she circled around the smaller titan.

Compared to the 12-meter titan she had just taken down, the 8-meter titan was much faster. Arisa found herself slowing down, her wounded leg being the main cause of it. Falling on her back, the girl staggered to get back on her feet.

"Ah, you fucking bitch." Arisa dryly chuckled. "Let's get it."

"Ri, you dumbass!" She heard the familiar voice of the ash blond as soon as leaped to cut off the jaw of the titan.

Jean quickly maneuvered behind the titan and sliced its nape.

Arisa let out a heavy breath and laughed lightly, "holy shit, I almost died."

"Uh," Marco furrowed his brows. "You're bleeding a little too much right now."

"And you will if you keep bleeding out like that!" Jean shouted annoyingly as he took off his jacket to rip the sleeve of his dress shirt to wrap it tightly around her leg. "I'll take you to the gate so you can evacuate with the rest of the citizens."

"What? No." Arisa shook her head. "I need to help get rid of these bastards."

"Arisa, you're injured." Marco quickly intervened. "You know what that means, right?"

Arisa sighed but reluctantly nodded, "I'll be holding you back."

Marco nodded, "It's best to listen to Jean at this point."

"Fine."

"Clearly, you can't swing around like that." Jean pointed out. "Let me carry you."

"No." Arisa huffed. "I can do it myself just fine."

"Okay." Jean shrugged. "Go ahead, I'll follow."

Marco watched and only shook his head whilst Jean let out a loud sigh after Arisa had let go of her gear as soon as she felt the uncomfortable pressure on her leg.

"Jean, I think my leg's bleeding again!" Arisa shouted from afar. "Jean, can you carry me?!"

"Alright," Jean placed her down and turned to one of the soldiers. "She's injured, so make sure she evacuates with the rest. Understand?"

"Yeah, whatever."

"I don't like the way he said that." Arisa whispered to Jean.

"If something happens to her, I'm keeping you responsible." Jean glared. "So don't be surprised if I show up on your doorstep."

"If something happens to me?" Arisa looked up at Jean. "Honestly, I'd feel safer with our class or myself."

Jean rolled his eyes, "See ya later, Ri."

"Wait!" Arisa called out.

"Now what?"

"Can you please stop calling me that?" She said softly. "I don't like it."

Jean studied her saddened expression but nodded, "yeah, sorry."

Once Jean had left, Arisa was pushed to the side, her "bandage" now leaking with the red substance.

"Hey!"

"You'll only hold the rest of us back." The soldier said through gritted teeth. "Which is why I'm going to leave you here."

"Okay so fuck me, but you're gonna take that soldier that has no leg nor arms?"

"He's a friend!"

"He's dead!" Arisa pointed out. "But y'know what? I understand. Go on. Just don't be an asshole, at least leave me with his gear."

"What's going on here?" Arisa made her presence known to her friends.

"Hey, what the hell? Weren't you supposed to be evacuated by now?" Jean glared at her.

"They would've left me for dead if I hadn't asked for this dead guy's gear." She answered nonchalantly with a shrug. "Woah! What's going on? What'd I miss?"

"This abnormal titan is killing other titans!" Connie exclaimed excitedly. "Isn't that awesome?!"

Arisa nodded, "Sure, if he wasn't being devoured."

"Hey, uh—" Connie gaped at her leg, a finger pointing at the wound. "You seem to be losing a lot of blood... did you know that?"

"Mhm." She nodded as she went to stand next to Armin. "But that's okay. I have high blood pressure."

"What the hell does that even mean?!"

"The thing's dead." said Jean whilst pulling on Arisa's wrist. "Let's go before it's too late."

"Hey, wait!"

Everyone raised a brow as they turned to face Armin, who was carefully watching Mikasa.

"Holy shit!" Arisa let out an audible gasp. "Is that Eren?!"

"So now what?" Arisa sighed annoyingly as she leaned against the wooden wall.

"You," Marco finished bandaging her leg and carefully rested it against her jacket. "–will stay in the infirmary resting that leg while the rest of us go help Eren seal the wall."

"What?" She turned to pout towards Sasha. "You too?"

Sasha nodded.

"That's not fair, I want to help too." The auburn-head complained with a pout, her pout disappearing after noticing Jean's and Marco's glare.  "But I won't because I can't, so good luck!" Arisa said with a forced smile. "Go kick some titan ass for me."

After they had left, Arisa let out a soft sigh, leaning her head back with shut eyes.

"Arisa,"

Lifting her head up, she nodded towards the old man in acknowledgment, "Commander Pyxis."

Said-man smiled, "You're looking quite alright. It's been a couple of years since we last saw each other, isn't it?"

"Yeah, I suppose so."

"I see you have a wounded leg. I hope it isn't too bad?"

She shook her head, "I had a few splinters but I'm all stitched up now."

"Can you move?" He asked.

Arisa raised a confused brow, "Uh, I can limp. Does that count?"

Commander Pyxis laughed but nodded nonetheless, "Good, that's good. Now why don't you come with me?" He reached his hand out for her to take. "I have a job for you."

"Yeah, what kind of job?"

"Bait."