24.

LH- Max

MV- Yeah

LH- I've been thinking that maybe we should tell the rest of the grid about us, that is if you, you know, are happy about doing that

MV- Oh thank god

LH- What?

MV- I've been waiting for ages for you to say that your ready

LH- Oh, so when shall we do it then

Max and Lewis sat and planned out the best way to tell the grid that they were not in fact enemies but are in a relationship and have been happily married for nearly a year. In the end they decided that they would get everybody gathered together in one of the hotel rooms after the next race under the pretense that it was a drivers meeting. If either of them were quite honest, they would say that it was one of the scariest things that they had ever had to do in their entire lives, even worse than racing. It didn't help that nobody really knew about their sexual preferences either so they were slightly worried about the reactions of other people. To help them calm down a bit, Seb and Daniel came around to see how they were getting on. They both quickly realised what the supposed drivers meeting was about and ended up spending a lot of time reassuring the two drivers that there were going to be no negative reactions.

Just before all the drivers were due to arrive for the 'meeting', those who knew about Max and Lewis came round earlier.

CP- You know, I didn't think that you would ever tell them all

KM- You will be fine

DR- And if they say anything against you, they will have us to contend with

MV- Thanks guys

LH- Yeah, you don't realise how much your support means to us

SV- Right, people are starting to arrive now shall I let them in

LH- Please

Seb went over to the door to let in the drivers who had just arrived and in a record time of 10 minutes, all the drivers had arrived at the hotel room.

SV- Okay guys, so thank you all for coming at such short notice, now this is not your average meeting it just needed to be done since we did not know any other way to get you all together. Right, before we start I just want to say that if you say anything against what is about to be said then you will have to contend with some of us, now Lewis.

LH- Thank you Seb so what I am about to say concerns Max as well and well the thing is, we don't hate each other

MV- No we don't all of that has been for the media

LH- Well what we want to say is, we are in a relationship

MV- And we have been married for nearly a year

When the two men looked around after they had announced that they were married, all of the faces in the room had mouths open and jaws were on the floor. Fernando was the first one to react along with Lando.

FA- Is I was to say I wasn't shocked then I would be lying, but if you are happy together then that's good enough for me, congratulations

Lando had just thrown himself at Max wrapping his arms around him in a hug. Alex and Charles soon came and joined the embrace with the rest of the drivers following soon after. When they all broke away from each other, there were tones of questions flying around the room.

PG- Do Toto and Christian know about you

MV- Well, not exactly

LH- We nearly got caught by Toto once

MV- We are planning to tell them both soon though

LN- I am mad that you have kept it from us this long

AA- Yeah, so who knew about you two before today

GR- Me, Daniel, Seb, Kevin and Checo

LH- Kevin was the first one to find out about us

MV- By accident

KM- Yes and it was very traumatising

They all sat there and talked about Max and Lewis's relationship with questions being answered about how it started and how they had managed to keep it a secret for so long. Room service was ordered and everybody only left when it was time to go to bed.