Staying at Diagon Alley

While Harry hadn't quite understood everything in his new book, he as usual, was extremely enthusiastic, so obviously he had jumped right into the method. 

That was how he'd ended up unable to talk, with a mandrake leaf under his tongue, rapidly searching through his books for the sticking charm. Where was Hermione when he needed her?

~

Harry had been enjoying his freedom during his stay at diagon alley, had he still been at the Dursleys, he would be locked in his room, waiting for his aunt to stop withholding food as a punishment. 

Tom the barkeeper didn't know that though, which is why he would send him strange looks every time he caught Harry stuffing food in his pockets at tea. He didn't understand. It was just in case.

~

Harry really regretted choosing Care of Magical creatures, it wasn't that he didn't like them and he did truly love Hagrid but the book that had been on his list was terrifying.

The first time he'd opened it it had snapped at him and chased him onto his bed, luckily the housekeeping lady had come in and used a freezing charm on it. He'd felt a bit stupid after that.

He hadn't dared open it since but he really needed to study, he'd hated arriving in his first year and not knowing anything so he'd tried to read all his school books before getting to school and he'd be damned if he stopped now; he didn't want to give Malfoy more reasons to make fun of him.

~

His second trip into Diagon alley that summer had gone quite differently to the first, the first thing he'd done was get the Daily prophet -he wasn't sure why but the moving pictures and shifting headlines did fascinate him- but then he'd seen Ron on the cover, in Egypt.

That was why he hadn't been sending letters? Because he was on holiday. Surely he could spare a few minutes, Harry had thought he'd been forgotten.....again. At least he still had Hermione who sent him a letter every week.

Authors note:

Hope you all enjoy Harry being a little cinnamon roll. Have a nice day, Comment and enjoy <3. 

Question of the day:

If you could only read  fics of one ship (from the hp fandom) for the rest of your life which would it be?

(My guilty pleasure is defo tomarry lmao i would have to choose that)