Chapter 4

Classes were long the next day, stretching on for what felt like forever.

Green, despite knowing she only lived next door, had been hoping to see Orange during break, but there were no breaks, classes started at eight, an hour for lunch at noon, then stretched on until four o'clock.

When Green stumbled out of class, drawing laughs from his classmates, his hands screaming in pain, he hadn't expected them to be using instruments for four hours.

He stuffed his hands in his pockets and went to find the cafeteria, his hands would be like rocks by the end of the week at this rate from all the callouses.

He ended up in engineering and found Yellow, who looked like he spent all morning splaying with oil.

"Hey Yellow," Green greeted, tapping his arm as he approached, his sore hand not liking the physical contact as he winced in pain.

"Hi Green," Yellow returned, getting a rag from his overalls pocket and wiping an oil stain off his arm, right where Green had touched him.

The brunette glanced down and realised his hand was stained with oil, making the red skin shiny.

"What have you been doing all morning?" Green asked, wiping his hand on his trousers. "Playing with oil?"

Yellow chuckled. "Something like that."

Green shot him a look, he may have only known Yellow a day, if that, but that was the first time he heard him laugh.

"What?" Yellow asked.

"Nothing," Green sighed, knowing it'd sound stupid out loud. "Do you know where the cafeteria is?"

Yellow pulled a crumpled map out of his pocket and gave it to Green.

Green looked at the map and groaned. "It's over in Red's section,"

Yellow glanced at the map and smiled in amusement. That was way over on the far side of college! "You were closer," he pointed out.

"I also didn't know where it was." Green grumbled.

Yellow nodded, giving him that, though the brunette should be carrying his own map around, that is what it was there for. After walking for awhile, they found a set of wide, open double doors, with 'CAFETERIA' written above and the smell of food drifting out.

Green's stomach growled, wanting some of the food.

Yellow shot him an amused look and went in, Green quick to follow.

----------

They got some food and looked for somewhere to sit.

Apparently most courses had lunch at the same time, since the room was packed, Green caught a glimpse of the girl he'd wanted to talk to all day, and went in that direction; Yellow quietly following.

"Hey Orange," Green greeted.

Orange looked up from talking to Blue, another dark haired girl who was eating looked up as well.

Is her name Orange too? Green wondered. "Can we join you?"

"'We?'" Orange blinked, only just noticing the blonde staring at them.

"Sure," Blue smiled brightly.

Yellow scowled at his tray, and Green suddenly really wished he could mind read.

"You don't have to!" Blue cried, but Yellow shook his head and quickly sat next to her.

"I'm Yellow." he said, wiping his hand and offering it to her.

"I'm Blue," she returned, giving him a familiar cookie.

Green sat across from Orange, next to the dark haired girl, whose gaze kept drifting to something across the room.

"You can go," Orange offered. "If you want to,"

The dark haired girl glanced at Orange, then picked up her tray and left, going in the direction she'd been staring.

"Who was that?" Green asked, moving to sit next to Orange, who'd been sat between the dark haired girl and Blue.

"Our other roommate," Orange answered. "Her name's Purple, she studies aeronautics and I think she... likes her teacher?"

Green glanced at Yellow and blinked. "I think Yellow likes my sister." he said, looking amused.

----------

Green led Yellow to a table by the window, where three girls were sat; two of them talking.

"Hey Orange," Green greeted.

The ginger haired girl looked up, Yellow sparing the girl she was talking to a glance, then stared. She was really pretty.

"'We?'" the ginger haired girl, Orange, turned, catching Yellow staring, but thankfully didn't say anything.

"Sure," the dark haired beauty smiled brightly, and the blonde realised he missed the whole conversation.

He scowled down at his tray, getting a weird look from Green.

"You don't have to!" the girl cried, and Yellow realised they were talking about sitting together.

Yellow shook his head and sat next to her before Green could, wiping any oil off his hand and offering it to her while introducing himself. "I'm Yellow."

"I'm Blue," she said, giving him a red cookie, it smelt funny, but he inhaled it, receiving a giggle from the dark haired angel.

The other dark haired girl suddenly stood up, taking her tray that still had food on it and walking away, Orange watching her go with a smile.

"Who was that?" Green asked, moving to take the girl's seat, indicating she wasn't coming back.

"Our other roommate, her name's Purple," Orange answered, Yellow shutting them out after that.

"She's your other roommate?" Yellow asked, eating his own, rather small lunch.

"Yeah, she's nice, but really quiet." Blue admitted, giving him another cookie.

"I think Yellow likes my sister." Green said, making Yellow blush.

He eyed Blue, who just smiled and went back to eating.