Chapter 1

| Six months later |

It all happened so fast; the TikTok I posted ended up being one of the most viewed videos on the app. From there I had so many people reach out and I was signed by Columbia records.

Standing in the recording studio I'm pinching myself. The two singles I've released did so good that the label want to release a full thirteen song album.

I'm so nervous that I will be a one hit wonder and my dreams won't become a reality so every day I am working my butt off so people will take me seriously.

"Lucy, we have some really exciting news! You've been asked to perform at the Grammys this year" my manager Paul says with the biggest grin on his face.

"No way, are you serious!" I, Lucy butler am going to perform at the Grammys. This is nuts!

The last six months I haven't met anyone in the business as I have been so focused on releasing songs and performing at small venues as a guest artist.

So, the fact that I am going to be performing in front of so many people and celebrities makes me shake with nerves.

I grab my phone and call my mum; I recently moved out of my mums' home and got my own apartment, so I feel like I barely speak to her.

"Mum, you will not believe what I just found out"

"Hello to you too Lucy" she laughs into the phone "Sorry Hey mum, hope you are well. I sure am, I'm performing at the Grammys" I can barely get the sentence out before she starts screaming into my ear.

"Lucy wow, this is so amazing. We are all so proud of you, really, we are" she starts crying as she barely gets the last words of her sentence out.

"Thank you mum, I couldn't have done it without all your support, I love you so much. Don't tell Talia, I'm going to call her now".

Talia is over the moon when I share the news with her. She's even more thrilled when I ask her to come with me to the Grammys. With only a month to go, I need to make plans and rehearse as much as I can.

Sometimes this job feels so lonely, not having any friends I can reach out to that are in the same position is hard. Hopefully, I'll meet someone I can call a friend.

| 1 month later |

"Lu, you look stunning!" Talia exclaims as she walks into the hotel room where we're getting ready for the Grammys. I'm wearing a plain black dress since I didn't have the time to get something custom-made.

I decide to share a photo of myself in the dress on Instagram. As I scroll through the comments, I can't help but smile at all the lovely messages from my fans.

 As I scroll through the comments, I can't help but smile at all the lovely messages from my fans

It's a surreal feeling to receive so much love and adoration from countless people. I wish I could personally express my gratitude to each and every one of them, but it's simply not feasible.