Chapter 16

I step onto the tour bus, where the rest of my bandmates—Sandy, Eli, Riff, and Jett—are already gathered in the group lounge.

"There she is!" Sandy exclaims, pulling me into a warm hug. "Are you okay?" she asks, knowing I just said goodbye to Kyra.

"Yeah, I'm alright," I reply, my voice tinged with a hint of sadness. "It's always tough saying goodbye, you know?"

She falls back onto the couch, letting out a frustrated sigh. "Ugh, I know that feeling way too well," she says, her voice filled with empathy. Her boyfriend, Eric, lives in London, so while we are touring, they barely get to see one another.

"Don't worry, little S, we got you," Jett says, putting one of his arms around her while the other hand brings a joint up to his mouth. Sandy laughs and playfully nudges him. "Thanks, Jett," she says, her laughter contagious.

I squeeze in between Eli and Riff. Eli is busy editing on his laptop, he is always working on something. Riff is laying back strumming his guitar while watching the football.

The door swings open, and Brendan steps inside, "Lu, someone's here to see you," he says, catching my attention. I exchange a curious glance with Sandy, who gives me a quizzical look. I rise from my seat and make my way out of the lounge, following Brendan's lead.

Just as I'm about to step off the bus, I feel a sudden tug on my arm, yanking me backward, and before I know it, I stumble and crash into someone. As I regain my balance, I find myself face-to-face with Harry, our eyes locking in surprise and recognition.

"Needed an excuse to get you out of that room without everyone seeing me," he says, winking and raising his hand to cup my face.

"They wouldn't care, H," I say, my voice filled with certainty. "I know them. They might be surprised at first, but they'll quickly realize that it doesn't matter."

Harry's fingers gently brush against my cheek, his touch sending shivers down my spine. There's a hint of mischief in his eyes, a playful spark that ignites the air between us.

A soft smile plays on his lips as he leans in closer, his warm breath grazing against my skin. "It's more exciting when no one knows," he whispers, his voice barely audible.

"Come join me on my bus," he whispers, his voice filled with a hint of mischief and longing. As he pulls back slightly, his gaze locked with mine, I can see the invitation written in his eyes.

A soft laugh escapes my lips, filled with a mix of amusement and anticipation. "Oh, because that wouldn't be obvious at all," I reply, playfully teasing him.

He slides his hand down my back, his touch igniting a trail of tingling sensations that send shivers down my spine. Each movement, slow and deliberate, makes my heart race with anticipation.

"I just want to feel you," he whispers into my ear, his warm breath caressing my skin and causing goosebumps to rise.

We hear the door to the lounge room begin to open, and in a quick moment of panic, we both step back from each other, trying to compose ourselves. Sandy walks out with a surprised expression on her face, clearly caught off guard by Harry.

"Oh, Harry! Good to see you," she says, her voice betraying a hint of curiosity. I can feel a flush creeping up my cheeks as I try to appear nonchalant, hoping that Sandy doesn't suspect anything.

Harry flashes a charming smile, effortlessly masking any hint of unease. "Good to see you too, Sandy," he replies, his tone casual and friendly. I can't help but admire his composure.

"I was just discussing with Lucy the upcoming show," he continues his voice oozing confidence. "We need to change the timing around, so we're going to work it out on the way to Washington."