CHAPTER IV

Buckle up y'all cause this is gonna be a longer one :)

TRIGGER WARNINGS -- Mentions of drug and alcohol usage.
TOMMY

Harsh music came loudly from Tommy's phone, waking him up quickly. Bleary-eyed and tired, despite his heart currently pounding, Tommy snatched his phone from off of his nightstand. Squinting at the bright screen, he read the name of the person calling him. With a huff, he picked up the phone.

"This is Big Man speaking, how can I help you..?" he said, tiredness dripping from his voice.

"Did I just wake you up?" Freddie's voice came from the phone. He sounded a bit smug. "How well does Megolavania act as an alarm?"

"Just fine since I'm awake now," he lightly snapped, tossing his sheets off of him as he got out of bed. God, he should really clean up his room soon. It was a mess. "What do you want?"

"Did your parents find out?"

"Find out what? About our day off yesterday?" Tommy questioned, rummaging through his drawers with one hand as he looked for a clean uniform, "Yeah, they did. The school called them." A sigh came from Freddie.

"Yeah, they called mine too. It stinks, really, 'cause now I've gotten myself grounded for a week," Freddie complained.

"Did our parents hold a "how should we punish our children" meeting or something? It seems like it 'cause I got dished out the same punishment. No TV? No staying out after school?"

"No phone? Yup," he laughed, "Speaking of which, how do you have your phone on you? Did you take it back from them?"

"My parents are gone by the time I wake up; off to work, you know? So I have to keep my phone by me just in case. They're kind of lenient with it if I'm being honest," Tommy replied. He was now in the kitchen and was busy pouring out a bowl of cereal. "How'd you get yours?"

"I'm already out of the house," Freddie laughed, "I need my phone with me at school for communication purposes, after all."

"We're a couple of crime boys now, aren't we?" he joked.

"Tommy, are you eating right now?" Freddie asked, hearing Tommy's slightly muffled voice.

"'Course I am! I was supposed to wake up earlier than this but I accidentally slept in!"

"You owe me one then."

"What?? Why do I owe you something?" Tommy asked.

"Without me, you would be late for school. Imagine how pissed off your parents would be," Freddie explained. Tommy could just hear the grin on his face.

"Fine, fine. What do you want? Money? Food?" he asked, putting his dirty dishes into the sink.

"I'll decide eventually," he said.

"Indecisive prick."

"I'm not indecisive!" Freddie snapped.

"Uhuh, sure you aren't. Hey, I have to go," Tommy said, heading out of his home, and closing the pre-locked door behind him.

"Wait- Tommy-" he began.

"No no, I'm gonna be late, Freddie. Remember, you woke me up just in time? I'll see you at school!" Before Freddie could get out another word, Tommy hung up. He shoved his phone into his pocket, laughing to himself at having forcibly shut Freddie up. From further down the street at the end of the sidewalk, Tommy saw Toby and Jack approaching the crosswalk.