two

« second home »

« second home »

POV: corey

The meeting had been going on for about 5 five or six minutes now, and it was dreadfully boring. The head boy and girl this year were complete airheads, in her professional opinion.

They talked with a monotone voice that could put anyone to sleep. Including Corey. Instead of paying attention, to took the time to look around the room at her fellow prefects this year.

From slytherin, Narcissa Black and Evan Rosier. Corey wasn't prejudiced against slytherins like most of the school, and she knew Narcissa was fairly nice, but there was something off about Rosier that she couldn't quite put her finger on.

From hufflepuff, it was a pair that she had vaguely seen around the castle, but not enough to know their names.

Her fellow ravenclaw prefect was a boy named Felix Northram. He was nice, and mainly kept to himself. Corey wasn't sure how good he would be at disciplining students though.

Finally, she scanned the room for the gryffindor prefects, but she could only spot one. The redhead girl standing next to her.

Corey furrowed her brow as she struggled to think of who the other prefect could be, when all of a sudden the compartment door slid open and a bashful looking Remus entered the compartment.

She laughed to herself as she took in his appearance.

He was wearing the same clothes that she saw him wearing earlier, and she rolled her eyes slightly when she saw the prefects badge clumsily pinned to his shirt pocket. He clearly forgot about the meeting.

He moved toward an empty space near the hufflepuff prefects and when he turned around he finally noticed everyone's eyes on him. He brought his hand to the back of his neck awkwardly, "Sorry I'm late." 

Corey rolled her eyes once more as the head boy and girl simply nodded at Remus, and continued with whatever they were saying.

Val often commented that one day Corey's eyes were going to get stuck from how often she rolls her eyes.

The head girl started talking about who knows what, Corey was focused instead on keeping herself from falling asleep. She had just stifled her fourth yawn when she heard a snicker from the room.

She quickly turned her head and met Remus' eyes, as he quickly stopped smiling and regained a serious composure. Corey quickly glared at him before diverting her attention to the boring nonsense.

"Now, we are going to tell everyone who their patrol partners are. These are non-negotiable."

Corey started to pay attention now. Finally, this is the only thing I care about

"Narcissa Malfoy, Candace Spheres."

Corey saw Narcissa look at the female hufflepuff prefect with a look of indifference.