Chapter Nineteen

Time stood still around the Cullen household as everyone waited with bated breath

Time stood still around the Cullen household as everyone waited with bated breath. Carlisle, Edward, Jasper and Emmett refused to leave the room, not wanting him to wake up from transition all on his own, not knowing what was going on.

Charlie, Marcus and Caius sat in one corner of the living room with Aro hovering around them. Angela, Erik, Arthur, Jessica and Leah were on the opposite side while Demetri, Felix, Jane and Alec remained outside.

It had been three days since Micah had been bitten and not once had anyone reconstructed Rosalie's mutilated form. Alice and Esme had attempted to but had been restrained and would remain that way until further notice.

When their mate had passed out, it had taken all of the guard's strength to stop them from setting Rosalie's body on fire. After an hour of trying and failing, they had taken Micah into Carlisle's room and placed him on the bed where they made him as comfortable as he could be.

The only reason why she was still technically alive was that the Kings had to decide what her punishment would be. Despite her actions, she still needed a trial so the Kings made the decision to leave her the way she is until the Prince woke up from his slumber.

In the bedroom, Edward was crouched down by the bed, gently running his knuckle down Micah's face. "We've just got him back," he whispered brokenly, "what if he doesn't wake up this time."

"He will," Carlisle snapped. The golden haired doctor was pacing around the room with his eyes glued to the floor. His body was cursed with worry and despite how much Jasper tried, he couldn't do anything to dull it.

Feeling everyone's emotions including his own sent Jasper into a spiral. He tried to help keep everyone calm but it was an extremely difficult task to do. And so, he had taken up residence on the bed, resting his Mates head on his lap.

Emmett was standing in the corner of the room with his arms crossed over his chest and a scowl on his face. His eyes squinted towards the door as if he was waiting for Rosalie to come charging into the room at a moment's notice. It didn't seem to register to him that she was incapacitated downstairs.

Suddenly, all heads snapped towards Micah as his heartbeat stopped. Everyone held their breath, knowing that it was only a matter of time before he woke from his slumber. What they didn't expect was for his heart to start beating again after a few tense minutes.

Flashing over, Carlisle leaned over his Mate and pressed his ear to his chest, even if it wasn't needed. But that was when he noticed how Micah's silky soft skin was now as hard as marble. However, instead of it lightening, it remained its healthy tan.

They watched as Micah's mouth parted, letting his soft breaths fill the otherwise silent room. Looking at his family, Carlisle swallowed thickly. "Micah?" He asked in an unsure tone.

Reaching out, he placed his hand on the man's shoulder. That sudden moment was all it took for Micah to shoot up into a sitting position with a loud and strangled gasp.

His hand shot up and pressed against his neck but instead of feeling his warm and sticky blood seeping through his fingers, he felt warm, unblemished skin and frowned. Pulling down his shirt, he looked down and from what he could see, there was nothing there.

Blinking in mild surprise, he turned his head to see his Mates standing at the foot of the bed with wide eyes. "What's wrong?" He asked, his voice scratchy as his throat felt like the Sahara desert.

"Your eyes," Carlisle mumbled as he was the first to rush forward. Pressing a firm kiss to Micah's warm, plump lips, he pulled back and ran his thumb under the man's orbs.

Next was Emmett. Wrapping his arms around Micah, he lifted him and placed him on his lap before pressing a kiss to his lips. "What about them?" Micah asked once they pulled apart.

Edward nudged his father to the side and ignored his hiss as he placed his lips on Micah's. His orbs filled with venom tears as he cupped his face. After a few minutes, they pulled apart. "They're supposed to be red," he murmured in confusion.

"What Colour are they?" Micah asked moments before Jasper shot forward. His hand curled into his Mates hair as he firmly pressed their lips together. Once they pulled apart, Jasper stroked his Mates cheek.

"They're your natural brown."

——
A/N

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the lacklustre of updates on the majority of my stories. The updates I have made where ore-written chapters.

I've been getting a lot of training for my job because I've applied for a higher position and that obviously requires training so I've been focusing on that. I've also been spending my evenings helping out with stock since we've just been getting so much in, it's overflowing.

But now everything is calming down a bit so hopefully, fingers crossed, touch wood, I can star getting more updates out for you guys! I also have two requests that I'm working on so they should be published soon!