eight

꧁ ☪ *ೃ༄꧂,

                              R A B I A

"ATTENTION." Someone yelled from outside and Leyla immediately jumped up and bowed her head while I sat there confused. 

The door to my chamber opened and Cihan Sultan entered with her maids. Her eyes roamed around my chamber like she was inspecting everything until her eyes landed on me and she gave a soft smile. 

I stood up and tried to copy Leyla but ended up tripping and almost breaking my face if Cihan Sultan didn't catch me on time. 

"Careful." She said as I balanced myself. 

"Forgive me, Sultanım." I said as blood rushed to my cheeks. She didn't seem to mind my clumsiness as she shrugged it off and walked around the chamber. 

"So, do you like your chamber?" She asked, running her slender finger on the curtains and randomly picking up stuffs placed on the table

"It doesn't matter," I said coldly. "I'm being held hostage. This chamber is my very own dungeon."

She froze in her place and turned back, facing me. She sure was a beautiful woman. Dark blonde hair, brown eyes and soft facial structure with a slender figure, her beauty and elegance were just a cherry on top of it. 

"Rabia," She said as she stepped closer to me. "Privacy." She ordered and maids bowed before walking out leaving us alone. 

I could feel her eyes on me but I refused to meet her eyes. I wanted to burst into tears, cry and maybe hit her too and ask her how would she feel if someone kidnapped her from her hometown and took her to some unknown place, snatching her freedom and life away from her just because a man of supreme authority took interest in her. 

But how could I dare? She was a Sultana, a born princess who had known nothing but happiness and peace her entire life. Born with a diamond soon in her mouth, living a fairytale dream that all girls dreamed of and her beauty was just an addition. Even the grief and sadness would be afraid to even glance at her. 

She will never know what it feels like to be helpless and be treated like an animal in a cage. 

"I know you are still new and will take time to adjust so I won't mind your words." She said in a stern tone. "But don't forget you are in our empire, the great Ottoman empire. It's time to forget your life back in your village. You are no more Alexandra. Alexandra is dead and Rabia has been born."

"Everything that enters the territory of the Ottoman Empire becomes the property of Sultan Murad, whether it be human or ships." 

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid me. 

I thought she would be understanding. She was a woman too. But I forgot she was the sister of that monster and a princess who treats anyone below her like pets. 

"You should be thankful that we didn't treat you like any other slaves that entered the Harem. You were given a chamber, worthy for the mother of a prince, I gave you a name and was even bestowed with a noble title and despite all these, you still dare to complain?" She asked. 

"I never asked for any of these." I replied as I lifted my head up slowly to meet her eyes. Shock was written all over her face. Was it because I dared to reply back? 

"I was happy. I was supposed to get married on the day I was abducted. They killed my father, my fiance and burned my whole village to ashes." I said, trying not to break down in front of her. "I don't care about all these things. I never wanted any of these."