twelve

꧁ ☪ *ೃ༄꧂,

İskender entered the familiar chamber that once belonged to his father, now belongs to his brother. His head bowed in respect. 

"Hünkar Abi." He says and raises his head to see his Sultan brother already looking at him with a small smile on his face. 

"İskender." He whispered with mixed emotions. "It's been a long time."

İskender nodded with a smile. "But I can't say the same for you, Abi. You still look the same." He said and Murad let out a chuckle. 

"You know I never meant to separate you from me." Murad said as he looked at his brother, the brother who was always with him through all the hardships. The one who he did wrong. The one whom he punished for the sin of the other. 

"Brother, you don't have to justify yourself." İskender replied with his hand over his head. "Allah knows how thankful I am of you. You know the best for me." 

"You're still the same." Murad said, chuckling to himself before advancing towards his brother and embracing him into a hug. 

The glorious night of İstanbul filled with stars and moon shown upon the two men as they talked and talked for hours of the days when their hands were free of blood, when love and innocence were the only things they knew. 

The dawn broke out into the land and the first light hit the Sultan's chamber and shone upon the brothers who were still engrossed in their little own World. 

"Alexandra, you say?" İskender asked with a playful smirk playing on his lips. 

Even the mere name of the girl brought a smile to the face of the boy who was declared as the monster by his own people, the boy who lost everything to his people he called family. This was enough to show İskender how much that girl meant to his brother. 

"Cihan gave her a new name," Murad said with so much love. "Rabia." 

"By the mention of her name," İskender said as he stood up from his seat. "The night is long gone and a new day has started, brother. Allow me to leave as I have to meet our sister too."

"You may," Murad replied and dismissed him. 

İskender walked out of the door with a smile until he came face to face with the person he least expected. 

Rukiye. 

His expression hardened. He clenched his jaw and fist as he stared at her full of hate. "Rukiye," He spat viciously. 

"İskender," Rukiye replied in the same manner. "We meet again."

"Unfortunately," The later one replied. 

Rukiye felt threatened but she didn't let it show because her mother always said that showing weakness means death. One must be strong enough to survive in this palace. 

İskender's eyes travelled to her hands that were covered in the silk gloves, hiding the scars that he gifted her in exchange for the ones she gave him. He smirked. "How's your hand?" He asked, fueling her anger. 

"Nothing that head Hakim can't heal," She gritted out. 

"Yet you still wear those gloves to hide your hideous hands?" He replied. All he ever wanted to do was cause her so much pain for the sins of her mother who killed his. His hate for them became stronger and stronger as time passed. 

His face darkened. "If only you didn't stab me that day this wouldn't have happened. You brought this upon yourself, Rukiye." He said and walked past her before stopping some feet away from her. "I'm not our brother, Rukiye. I won't show a bit of mercy to you so don't expect any and be prepared for you don't know who will stab you when and where." With that he walked away.