Chapter 5

Raggedthroat's POV

-----------------

I stared at the blood-drooling cats. "Goldenhawk, an explanation?" I hissed, keeping my gaze locked on the limping cats.

Goldenhawk shook his head and sighed. "The future." And then he was gone. I awoke first, pelt bristling and ears perked. My heart lurched with fear, which usually never happened.

Heatherpaw whimpered and pressed against me, quivering. I didn't stop her, because she was my apprentice and all apprentices had to experience fear.

Whitesky lifted her head from the dream. Snowpaw followed after her mentor. Lastly, Sandyheart and her apprentice awoke. Breezethroat still had his eyes closed.

Sandyheart lay her paws on his quaking body. "He's alive, but fearful." She meowed. She looked up to me. "Help me wake him up."

I stood up, keeping back the tremble that wandered through my legs. I cuffed my paws and scooped up water. I splashed it onto Breezethroat's face and the tom shuddered.

Breezethroat jolted awake, eyes wide and shock stricken. I looked at Heatherpaw, who was wide-eyed and gaze locked with Ripplepaw.

"We need to inform our leaders." I ordered, keeping back the fear in my tone. Sandyheart nodded. "It seems to be as if the undead are those cats we dreamt of. They're blood thirsty, but mouse-brained." She predicted.

Whitesky gulped. "It seems to be they are trying to bite us... They're.. Infected."

* * *

I stepped onto the dewy grass. "Keep your eyes peeled for those... Things." I growled to everyone. Heatherpaw gulped. Breezethroat took deep breaths, as if keeping himself from breaking out with fear.

We all separated and I trudged for the moor. "What were those... Things we saw?" Heatherpaw asked, her voice shaky and spooked. I shrugged. "I don't know... But need to inform Webstar." I meowed, remaining calm.

My paws were covered in dew and my whiskers twitched. I closed my eyes as the undead cats rushed through my mind. Anxiety flowed through my veins, and horrible feelings settled throughout my body.

Heatherpaw wriggled through BreezeClan's cave-like entrance. I sent her to the medicine cat den and padded into the leader's den. "Webstar, this new prophecy is a threat... I mean it." I huffed quickly.

Webstar turned around, eyes mournful. "This is what I feared... I-I received the same dream. What were those things? Beasts? Hallucinations?" He questioned.

I gulped and sunk my claws into the ground. "The future."