Chapter 13

Pouncestrike's POV

~~~

I snarled as two cats stumbled towards me. Their jaws snapped and blood dripped from their teeth. I heard a screech and I saw Sandyheart cornered by the undead cat of Brokenbee.

I darted past the two undead cats and made a sharp steer towards Sandyheart. She braced herself for the bite but I attacked the infected. My claws unsheathed as I batted at the infected Brokenbee. Nothing happened.

A moment later, a group of cats ran through camp. BreezeClan and LakeClan! Life savers! I thought. Webstar of BreezeClan and Stonestar of LakeClan greeted us with fury raging in their hatred eyes.

Grabbing stones, the group chucked the stones at the infected's head and they fell. "ShadeClan! BreezeClan! LakeClan! Retreat!" Screeched Flailstar as he made his way towards the nursery for his mate. I ran towards the elders' den and grasped hold of Sageskip.

Breezethroat was helping Blizzrdshine carry her kits. Other warriors from BreezeClan and LakeClan helped the elders and we exited camp. Flailstar led us to a big tree with cherry blossoms. It was old and crinkled.

The willow... We have to survive in the willow. I thought, bristling. In the willow trunk was a wide space to fill a whole clan. There was also a small cavern under the tree, where soil and tree roots kept hold of the undergrowth.

As we neared, I nudged Sageskip in the willow's tree trunk. It was brightened by small gaps. But no sun was shining. Not in this brutal world. Not until the Infection was over. And I would do anything to kill those stupid flea-brained infected.

BreezeClan and LakeClan both were burrowed in the underground cave. Our clan was tucked into the tree hole. My eyes were burning with exhaustion, but I didn't mind. No, I would never sleep with those flesh-eaters active.

I shivered and my pelt bristled. Flailstar lay next to Heathermouse, and Heathermouse curled her tail over her swollen belly. I was awed by the care and happiness of the two. I'd love to have a mate. I could have any cat now since assumingly the three clans were 'joined.'