Chapter 5

The Sunday, after the test.
The sky is clear.

And the amusement park was also crowded with busy people.

*Chatter... Chatter...

Today, we're all at the amusement park!

"Let's party hard after all that studying!" Hyein happily shouts to the group as she energetically jumps up and down in excitement.

"Why are we all in our uniforms? We could have atleast change first." Minji states.

"Doing things while wearing our school uniform feels fresh and is also a high-schooler privileged." Hyein replies rather seriously.

Meanwhile .... "It's been so long since I've went to an amusement park. This is gonna be great." Danielle mentally tells herself.

But today, there's one more person with us...

"Ah! There she is. Heyyyy!" Hanni calls out to the new member of their group.

"Sorry, I'm late. I wasn't sure of the time." Haerin apologies while she was panting hard from all the running.

"No worries. We all just got here!" Hyein pats Haerin's back and reassures her.

"Okay! Let's go and have lots of fun guys." Minji excitedly shouts to the group and they proceed to the fair.

IT LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE THINKS ME AND HAERIN ARE FRIENDS...BUT...

What are we actually?
What is Haerin to me? Should i call us 'friends'? 'Business partners'?
No, that can't be right!

While Danielle's mind wae occupied with thousands of thoughts...

"What's up?" Hanni asks Danielle who seems to be spacing out.

"Ah! Uhh...Oh! Sorry, it's nothing!" Danielle nervously replies.

"You sure?" Hanni again curiously asks.

"Y-yeah."

"Well, if anything is the matter, don't hesitate to say anything. We're friends afterall." Hanni gently speaks and gives a reassuring smile to her.

"Thanks." Danielle replies.

FRIENDS...

_________

"Come Danielle! Make your choice!" Minji devilishly smiles at Danielle.

Danielle trembles at the sight.

"WILL IT BE THE HAUNTED HOUSE!? OR THE ROLLER COASTER!?" Minji teasingly raises her voice, because she knows that Danielle was clearly afraid of both the options.

"Th-Those options!" Danielle begins to tear up just from looking at them.

"Come on! This is the real thrill and fun of amusement parks!" Hyein says, trying to convince the scared Danielle.

"YOU'RE GOING ON ONE OR THE OTHER!" Minji again teasingly laughs at the scaredy cat.

"Ha-Hanniii!" Danielle calls out for help.

"I'll be right there with you whichever you choose. Don't worry!" Hanni saintly smiles at the girl.

"I could really use a friend's help right now! Hanni you Meanie!!" Danielle sulks and turns her head to her last option, who was Haerin.

Haerin also gives a reassuring smile to her.

"I am without support! Now i have to either ride or die." Danielle mentally says and was scared as hell.