ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴅɪᴇs

Chris's pov:

I was almost beaten to death. They would hit me without telling me why. I don't know where I am as they have covered my eyes and tied me up on a chair.

I hear someone enter the cold room.

"Chris...I told you this would happen." I hear a man's voice echo across the room.

"Who are you?" I ask, hoping to get an answer.

He doesn't answer. I hear him walk closer to me. He unties the material that covers my eyes.

"Mason!" I freeze.

*

Selene's pov:

I wake up with the biggest headache, and I feel like shit. This is why I shouldn't drink.

I get out of bed and make my way to the bathroom. I brush my teeth and then have a quick shower. I wash my face and do my skincare routine.

I feel slightly better now.

I walk back into my bedroom, grab my phone, and make my way down the stairs.

"Good morning, everyone!" I say to everyone eating breakfast in the dining room. They all respond, saying good morning.

I don't feel like eating much this morning, so I'm just going to have an apple and water.

I leave the kitchen and walk around the house as I didn't get to explore it yesterday. I walk upstairs and see a big balcony. I enter the balcony and sit on one of the chairs. It's nice to be alone sometimes cause now I have the time to think to myself.

I just remembered that I messaged Chris a few days ago, and I still haven't got any response. I was about to go into WhatsApp, but I see that I have a notification in messages. I open messages and see an unknown number. I open it, and I see a picture of Chris in a very bad condition. But wait, that bracelet looks very familiar. As I was about to call the unknown number, Jaxon walked in.

"Hey, Selene. Do you feel better?" Jaxon smiles at me from the balcony door.

I get up from my chair. "I'm good, thank you." I say to him as I walk past him and into the house. 

I'm stopped by Jaxon holding my arm. "Selene, did I do something wrong?" Jaxon asks me.

I turn back, slightly annoyed. "No, I just have something to do." I say to him.

"Wait, I need to tell you something." His grip tightens on my arm.

"Jaxon, is it really important." I say, trying to get out of his grip.

"Did you see the picture of Chris?" Jaxon says to me, and I scrunch my eyebrows together.

"Wait. You were looking through my phone. You nosy piece of shit." I angrily say, getting out of his grip.

"No, I just looked at the message." He tries to defend himself.

Someone better hold me back. Jaxon has been getting on my nerves recently. God, give me strength so I can punch this guy so hard.

I walk away, trying to hold back my anger.

"Where are you going?" Jaxon asks me, holding my arm again.

"That's none of your business!" I say in anger.

Jaxon pulls me back to him. "Selene, you better tell me where you're going." Jaxon looks at me in anger.

Jaxon, I'm sorry, but you asked for this.

I tackle him down and punch him in the stomach. As he lies on the floor in pain, I look in his pockets and grab his car keys. I get up from the ground.