#1

My dress glided behind me as I walked through the hall of the castle. Prestine white walls, with gold designs trickling down around the pillars and walls. There was red carpeting that lined the entirety of the palace, and every window had black curtains.

Much as the colors that make up the castle, it reflects the colors of our kingdom flag. And because of that, I only ever wear those colors.

Not that I mind, I look my best in them.

"Good evening, princess."

I turn my head at the voice, a taller male pacing up next to me. My once pleasent mood turned sour seeing sharp blue eyes, covered by glasses.

"Kisaki," I keep my eyes forward and my words short, not wishing to continue this conversation.

A month ago, he returned to the castle and has been a problem for me. He's the royal advisor. Even being so young of 18, he had quickly risen up the ranks and proved himself a valuble asset, but.

I dont like him.

"You look very nice today," Kisaki complemented.

"Thank you, but I really dont care for your flattery Kisaki, I have places to be so I'll be on my way," I glanced back at the now frustrated blonde, taking notice of the incredibly tall guy next to him.

I've never seen him before. He was well over six feet tall, had brown hair, shaved on the sides, and spiked up in the middle with a tuft of blonde in front. He also had bright golden eyes.

He was wearing the castle guard clothing. The white base, red vest, and few small gold pendants topped off with double buckle black boots. I didn't know we had any new guards.

I was about to take my leave but, "I'm sorry but are you a new recruit?" I menuvered infront of the man who towered over me. I've learned to hide when someone intimates me, knowing that in the face of someone I have to deal with or possibly avoid conflict with, if they see me show that I'm intimidated then I'm done for.

This man is one of those people I have to hide my emotions from, gulp it down in the pit of my stomach, and put a brave face on.

"Shuji Hanma, inlisted this morning as personal guard to Kisaki," he deeply bows to me, "pleasure to meet you your highness."

"To you to Hanma," I nod, directing my gaze at Kisaki, "would have been nice for you to say something in the first place."

"I apologize, princess (y/n)," Kisaki bows. I turn to walk again, but stop, a question nagging at me.

"Have you seen Koko anywhere?"

Kisaki visibly scowled but tried to hide it, "No, I haven't, but I'll let you know if I do."

"Oh, don't worry," I smile, 'I dont want to see your face again,' is what I want to say, "I'll find him myself."

At that, I quickened my pace, picking up my dress so as not to trip over it.

After some time of walking in silence, exchanging hello's with passing maids and guards, I turned the corner where the left wall broke off, leading out to the main entrance gate.

The main entrance was a wide garden with a stone path through the middle, and a fountain on each side of it. The fresh cut green grass had rose bushes of red and white. This all encased in a gated wall that traveled around the whole palace.

Looking out, I remember a month ago when Kisaki returned, I was overseeing a transaction between Koko and a trader.

~ Flashback ~

The gates creek open, and I viewed a carriage outside where a man dressed in weathly clothes steps out, followed by a few other men who seemed to act as protectors.

Valid, as this man could be attacked at any time, being as he obviously has money.

His name was Miroto Haruki, a well-known trader. Or just buyer. Today, he was a buyer.

Along with a few guards behind us, I stood next to Kokonoi on his left side so I could see his pretty face. No (y/n) stop that!

I can't have him...

Koko had his snake like eyes set on Haruki as he approached us, Haruki is an older man, his face gaining many wrinkles and his long, tied back hair, going grey.

He fiddled with a gold ring on his finger, blue eyes never leaving the box in Koko's hands long enough to see us.

But once he was within a few feet, he met my gaze and immediately bowed deeply, "Thank you for having me here, Your Highness."

"The pleasures mine," I smile at him. He raises up and eyes Koko. Suddenly, his expression mixed of shock and horrer, he snaps at one of his men.

"You didn't tell me I was dealing with Kokonoi!" He not so hushed at the other man.

"I didn't know, sir!" His subordinate claims.

Being the Royal Treasurer, Koko almost always makes these deals and trade-offs, but on occasion, he sends someone else. I'm assuming Haruki was hoping for one of those times, probably to pay less.

Koko grows a cocky grin, "well, glad to know I'm famous," he sticks his tongue out.

His words snapped Haruki back to him, the older man getting to a more formal position in front of us, most likely realizing his previous one was disrespectful.

"Shall we get started?"

"Yes, sorry, sir," Haruki apologized.

Koko unclips the large box, flipping the top open, revealing several silver goblets lined with small rubies and diomonds.

Haruki's eyes light up at the valuable goods, reaching a hand out to touch one. Koko clamps the box shut, causing Haruki to quickly retract his hand for it not to be cut off.

Koko grins, "400 grand."

Haruki falters, "wha- I thought it would be less than...400 grand?"

"Waist my time any longer, and I'll make it 500 grand." Koko tilts his head, "pay up or leave. What'll it be?"

Haruki grumbles and reaches into his pocket, pulling out a large stack of cash. He sifts through it, removing a few bills and putting them back in his pocket. He holds the stack out to Koko.

Koko turns to me and holds the box out with a soft smile. I return the smile, taking the box. I puff my cheeks as they are heavier than I thought it was, Koko makes it look so easy.

Koko takes the money from Haruki, counting through it all, his brows furrowed as his does. Once he finished, he grew a satisfied smile.

"Hope to do business with you again, Haruki," Koko puts his hands on his hips.

I step forward to the man, hold out the box, and he happily accept it. I quietly release a breath, happy I dont have to hold that heavy thing anymore.

We sent him and his men on their way. But as Haruki's carriage rolled away, another pulled in with a black horse leading.

I scowled, recognizing the horse and carraige.

The door opened, and Kisaki steps out of it, crazy eyebrows and all.

~ End Of Flashback ~

Then we started to have problems here in the kingdom. Our money is going missing. The traders have been incredibly few, almost none when we normally have at least three a week.

We're going bankrupt.

Kokonoi has been incredibly stressed out the whole month since he can't figure out what's going on. He's the money-making genius, so it's really wearing on him that he can't make money.

He's been shutting himself up in the library a lot, so that's my first stop on finding him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heyyy, second TR book, here we go.

Don't forget to vote

Love,
Lyra