օ.

It was a peaceful night and a girl was lying on the beach admiring the sky and enjoying the pleasant coolness, so rare in those days.

The girl looked like waiting for something, carefully scanning the sky for even the slightest movement.

The reason was obvious, given the day it was happening.

It was August 10, the elusive night of San Lorenzo famous for the shooting stars that 'make wishes come true'.
Sienna had never really believed in such things, but she loved to admire the phenomenon.

It had always fascinated her, ever since she was little and it was probably something her father had passed on to her.

In fact, since she could remember, every year her father took her to observe the shooting stars, telling her all the legends connected to them.

One of the legends that remained most impressed in Sienna was that of San Lorenzo, the most recent, as the Church had called August 10th with the name of the martyr saint, thus eliminating the connection with paganism (in fact August 10th before was connected to Acca Larentia, a Roman goddess inherited from the Etruscans).

San Lorenzo was a young archdeacon, who lived at the time of the Roman Emperor Valerian, who was burned alive for being a Christian; according to one version the 'shooting stars' are nothing more than his tears shed by him at the time of his martyrdom, which is why in Italy they were also called 'tears of San Lorenzo'; according to the version that Sienna preferred, the shooting stars would be none other than the souls of the poor that the young man had helped when he was alive, which during that night shone brightly in the sky to thank him.

In addition to telling her legends, James Wright always warned his daughter about the practice of making wishes, as how they could come true was unknown and often even unpleasant.

Precisely because of his warnings Sienna had never made a wish in her entire life.

But that night the girl, partly out of boredom and partly out of the desire to try, decided that the time to go against her father's warnings had come.

Out of the corner of her eyes, she finally saw what she had been waiting for, a shooting star.

But just as she wished, she realized she didn't have one. All that time waiting and she hadn't even thought about what to wish for. Typical of Sienna.

The girl, irritated, after cursing herself for her own stupidity, started thinking about what wish to express.

She immediately dismissed the option of seeing her father again, as even though it was the thing she wanted most in the world, in the books/movies she knew, bringing the dead back to life never ended well; in fact, doing so Sienna could also unintentionally start a zombie apocalypse, and that was the last thing she wanted to do.

Even the 'get rich' option was immediately discarded, as surely some of her relatives would have adopted her, then pocketed the money somehow and abandoned her again, as it had already happened (the reason why she now found herself without a penny and in an orphanage).

While thinking, the girl saw another shooting star, and having not yet decided, she began to become anxious, having missed another opportunity.

Another star passed and Sienna decided to do what she did best (or worst):

Improvise.

"Please, please, please, I want to... live a new life (?) where my family loves me deeply and takes care of me... I want to be happy and... have adventures... on pandora (?)" She mumbled with her eyes closed.

Only after she was done, she realized what wish she made and began to curse herself again.

'Stupid, stupid, stupid! A new life on pandora? But am I serious? What did I think?! It's true that these wishes will never come true, but at least to make it credible I had to wish for something possible, real and instead... Pandora.'

The girl sighed

'I'm really hopeless' she thought and decided to quietly go back to the orphanage and never think about it again.

After successfully climbing over the gate and silently returning through the window, without waking anyone, the tired girl finally got into bed.

Her mind wandered for a while on her childhood memories, and then slowly sank into the arms of Morpheus, while a single tear fell from her eye.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The following morning when Sienna woke up, she smelled an unusual smell of vegetation and her body felt much lighter than usual.

When she opened her eyes she found herself in unfamiliar surroundings which left the girl confused.

Immediately the teen thought she was still dreaming and relaxed; even if everything seemed too real to be just a dream, but the girl paid no attention.

Looking around, Sienna's attention fell on her hands, they were blue.

'What a strange dream' the teen thought

But not only that, she counted only 4 fingers, not five.

'Why isn't this new to me? Wait, maybe it's one of those dreams where I think I'm a Na'vi! YAY! I love this kind of dreams.
Wait. But if in this dream I am a Na'vi who normally has 4 fingers, to be a dream I should find more or less of it ..., instead I find exactly 4 ... this means that ... ' but her thoughts were interrupted by a shooting pain in his head, as if someone was pressing it down with a hydraulic press.

Groans of pain escaped her mouth as memories that didn't belong to her began to flow through her mind.

After a while the pain subsided and she realized what was going on.

That wasn't a dream, she really was a Na'vi, a five years old one to be exact.

Sienna was in the body of Nírora te Tshaka Mo'at 'ite, identical twin sister of Neytiri te Tshaka Mo'at 'ite, and a person that shouldn't exist in that world.

She was in her favorite film and in the world where the night before she had wanted to be.

The revelation shocked so much the teen girl, or rather, the child that her mind became blanck and she froze.

The girl couldn't believe that the belief of the < wish upon a star> was true and the worst thing was that the wish she improvised had come true!

She wanted to cry.

How could a modern girl like her ever survive in a harsh and primitive world like Pandora?

She would die. That was for sure.

AND SHE DIDN'T WANT TO DIE, SHE WAS TOO YOUNG!

Sienna was very, very repented for what she had done.

She should have listened to what her father said and instead... instead she had improvised the wish like a fool and now she found herself in that situation.

She wanted to cry so much, but what would it fix? Nothing.

The girl took a deep breath, trying to calm down.

Fussing and panicking wasn't going to solve anything.

By now she was in that situation and had to find a way to adapt, survive and above all not be discovered by others.

Who knows what they would have done to her if they had discovered that the soul of a sky person was in the body of one of the leader's daughters.

Sienna didn't even want to think about it.

So she mastered all the courage she had and stood up to go to her (new) people with decision.

She would have survived.

Or at least she hoped so.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you like this chapter? Please vote and comment, share your opinion<3

Oh, and please point out the various errors if you find any, English isn't my first language and it will help me a lot.

THIS AUTHOR LOVES U ALL! <3