𝘪𝘪.

✧

                                   ✧

Italics: Nírora's thoughts

                                   ✧

Nirora was deep in through. Since she had arrived in this world she had done nothing but try to integrate, but now she needed to focus on the most important matter: the future.

She only had little more than a decade before the original story begins, and even less before the first tragedies occur.

She had to do something...,but what? What could she actually do to avoid the worst-case scenarios?

She was only an otherwordly 21th century girl stuck into a child's body.

'Think. Think. Think' the girl began to chant in her mind, hoping to get an idea.

What would have changed things and prevented many deaths in the original story if that had happened?

Well, the absence of the sky people. It was all their fault, without them the tragic part of the film would not have happened.

She released an irritated sigh, while pinching her nose and frowning her eyebrows.

But at the same time the whole story would not have happened; without the arrival of the sky people on Pandora, the male protagonist would not have arrived either.
Besides, their arrival was an event that Nírora certainly could not avoid in any way.

The omaticaya female sighed again for the thousandth time that day.

She felt useless;  small, powerless and useless against a cruel destiny already written.

Could she even win over the power of the plot?

She didn't know, but she had to try.

She couldn't sit still for years, with folded hands and watch others die, she just couldn't, she would never forgive herself; but maybe..., maybe in the end, despite all her efforts, she would see those people die anyway...

The omaticaya girl shook her head hard

No. She couldn't think that, she couldn't already lose hope without even having tried, it would be like losing from the start.

'Think Nirora, think! There must be a way.' she began to chant again mentally now desperate.

And just when she was about to give up an idea popped up in her mind.

Her eyes widened when she realized what could change things at least a little.

The time shortly before the sky people attacked and destroyed home tree, the clan members refused to ecape and find refuge elsewhere, in part to protect their home, their land; and partly also because they would never listen to Jake who had betrayed them by spying for Quaritch and Selfridge.