Evergreen

1979, December 17th

As I smudged black eyeshadow on the corners of my eyes, I smiled giddily. Today was our first date, holy shit. I gazed into the mirror as I looked at myself, then focused behind me. I was shocked to see snow lazily falling from the pale, overcast sky. The ground had a soft layer of it. "Wow," I exclaimed to myself. We didn't expect it to snow, but I personally love snow. I even find it more romantic than rain. But, wait, what if our date is canceled because of the weather?

After 2 seconds of dialing, Robert picked up the phone. I smiled at the sound of his soft voice. "Something wrong, y/n?" He said sheepishly through the receiver. 

"Er... possibly," God, I sound head over heels. He could probably tell. "It's snowing. I think it just started, is that okay?" I chewed on my nails.

"Oh, it's okay! We'll just wear more layers, yeah?" He laughed

"Y-Yeah! See you!" Robert then said goodbye and I hung up, squeezing the phone as I put it back down on the receiver. I feel so stupid-- I sounded so pathetic over the call. I can't even imagine how awkward I'll be in person.

As the clock rounded 4 pm I slipped on my snow boots. I wore a white long sleeve and a dark navy wide neckline sweater over with baggy, light grey pants. I match it with light grey scary and white earmuffs. I wonder how Robert will react to my outfit.. hopefully well. I began to walk out the door, grinning ear to ear.

Walk to the park <3

As I approached the park I felt my face become hot. A tall, dark figure with beautifully teased hair and angelic pale skin leaned against an evergreen tree. He wore a white long-sleeve underneath a green-grey winter coat with baggy, worn jeans and snow boots. He looked like a model, seriously. Once I took a moment to take in his beauty I fastened my pace, unaware of the high chances of my falling back on my ass. Once I was about 5 feet away from him he looked up, seeming to notice my loud, excited clomping toward him. He smiled his gorgeous smile and turned towards me. 

I finally approached him and put my hands on my knees, gasping for breath. Neither of us was the athletic type. "Wow, you okay? That excited to see me, yeah?" He chuckled, patting my back. I felt my face get hot as I stood back up, having to tilt my head a little up to look at his face. 

I couldn't help but grin and lightly punch his arm, playfully "Oh, of course!" He chucked one again and looked down, I guess at my hands. As he did this I feel a growing uncomfort. 
Ah, shit! I forgot my gloves! My fingers look like they just simmered for 30 minutes, I guess I was too focused on Robert than getting my gloves on...

"Ah, I forgot my gloves... oops," I sheepishly looked at Robert, who seemed amused but worried.

"God, how are you not dying right now? I'm surprised your fingers haven't fallen off, y/n!" He began to take off his gloves, which had a second layer underneath. He noticed the surprised look on my face and laughed "I make, like, no body heat whatsoever. You do realize I have 5 layers on and I'm still a bit freezing?" 

"Are you sure your hands will be fine?" I asked as he slipped his gloves on my numb hands. As the gloves enveloped my hands I felt myself blush. "They'll be a tad cold, but I can handle." He looked up at me.

"Maybe... I could warm your hands like this?" I meekly whimpered as I grabbed his hand, looking up at him. I found myself wide-eyed and flushed as a tomato. What compelled me to do that??? I looked down in embarrassment, beginning to pull my hand away till Robert tightened his grip. I looked back up in awe as he, too, was flushed. "That'd be quite nice, love. Now, let's go get some nosh, yeah?" I nodded and we began to walk past the park, next to the cemetery. An empty road was next to us, now littered with white powder. It looked like a dream.

They walked to a pizza parlor <3

We sat in red in white leathery chairs next to the window, random adverts plastered on, making it hard to look at the crystal streets beyond. A sleek wooden table separated us. 

"Your hair looks amazing, by the way..." I said shyly, picking at my nails. I looked up to see Robert doing the same. I guess we both have a bad habit, huh? Robert smiled and looked out the window, seeming flattered.

"Thank you, but yours looks almost as incredible" He joked, chuckling to himself. 

I made a face at him

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I made a face at him. We began talking, so absorbed in our conversation that we almost ignored the waitress. Robert ordered water, while I ordered a coke and some rolls. We talked of our opinions on other bands, some guy named... moreiseye? I'm not entirely sure, but I know Robert really isn't fond of him. 

"Really? You think that?" I pondered. Robert nodded, looking down at his almost-finished drink. "Pop music... I don't like it much. It's all so similar, so predictable. I kind of like the way my band is, you know? It's unique, but in a good way." He paused for a moment, then looked at me "I don't know what I'm saying..." He trailed off. 

"Well, I can agree with you on unique," I continued before it sounded like an insult "You're brilliant, your band and you. You make the best music I've ever heard, downright! Maybe because you're so cool and morbid like that is why...." I paused, embarrassed about what I'm going to say next "w-why I like you so much, yeah." I felt my face heat up as I glanced at Robert, who was as red as I.

I can't get enough of this guy

Soon, the sun began to set. Time flew by when we were together, and I was honestly upset the sun decided to leave so early. We began to walk back, hand in hand once again.

As we walked, he seemed off. He kept biting his lip like he was trying to suppress words. Once we reached the cemetery he stopped shuffling and spun around to face me. Snow was gently gathered in flurries, making his static hair even more beautiful than it already is. 

"Y/n... can I tell you something?" His voice was nervous. I thickly gulped and squeezed his hand. 

"What's up, Rob?" I love giving people nicknames, which he seemed to love, too.

He hesitated, looking back at the beautiful cemetery and back at me, then setting his jaw. "You know..." He scratched the back of his neck. "I really, really like you. Like, I think you're brilliant." His eyes were glossy under the street light. 

Snow whirled around us as I gazed into his emotional, dark blue eyes. He gazed back at me before looking down in shame. "I'm sorry- it's- it's just a little hard to find people who love me for being-" 

I interrupted his self-loathed rambling by placing my warm hands on his face and pressing out lips together. He stopped for a moment before smoothly wrapping his arms around my waist, making me want to scream. The kiss lasted for an alluring 40 seconds before I regretfully pulled away, longing into his burning eyes. "I think you're lush." 

He smiled and kissed me again, long and passionate. We stood intertwined in each other's arms, underneath a sorrowful tree. I pulled away, wrapping my arms around his neck. "I think I love you." I slurred, dazed from the amount of love I was getting. 

He charmingly chuckled "Oh, really?" He grinned and placed his left hand on my hot cheek, studying my face. There's nowhere else in the world I'd rather be.

"Here with you; it's perfect, Robert," I gasped, getting closer to his boyish features "It's all I ever wanted, really."

We stood and swayed in each other's arms, in front of the cemetery, underneath the evergreen.

words - 1388

Robert Smith Imagines (requests)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें