𝟎𝟎 - 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑎𝑙𝑙

⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

ఌ 𝑻𝙃𝙄𝙍𝘿 𝙋𝙀𝙍𝙎𝙊𝙉 𝙋𝙊𝙑 ఌ

"In Shakespeare's sonnets, the overarching theme is most obviously love. Many of the writings focus solely on the feeling to be in love and to profess that love to the given muse, but many of the pieces also include other, smaller themes, li—"

Avery felt her voice stop as she looked over at Noah. He was doing what he always did when she spoke in class - annoy the hell out of her. He held her cigarette packet up and waved it at her, mouthing 'I told you so'. Luckily, the teacher's eyes were solely focused on the board. Her eyes scanned over the room full of students who were clearly not interested in what she was saying. "I-uh-where was I?" she breathed a laugh, feeling herself lose her train of thought.

"You were boring the hell out of us," one of her classmates piped up, his voice sounding from the back of the room.

"You know what-"

Her protests were interrupted by the principal entering the classroom. "Avery Miller, come with me please," she said, an unreadable look on her face. A chorus of "ooh's" and "aah's" echoed around the classroom as her fellow students gossiped about what she had a done. Her eyes travelled to Noah's and he sent her a concerned look, nodding his head slightly to show her that it will be okay - no matter how much they argued, they will always have each other's back.

She held her head up high and walked with determination towards the door, ready to defend whatever action she was getting in trouble for. However, a look of surprise crossed her face when she saw her younger sister stood in the hallway, her arms folded across her chest. "Ginny?" she questioned.

"She took me out of English too."

Thousands of possibilities raced around her head, but one remained constant; it had to have something to do with her mother. "Virgina...Avery," the principals quiet voice was soon interrupted by the younger sibling.

"It's Ginny."

"Your step-father has been in an accident. Your mum's on her way here with your brother. I'm so sorry, darlings. He didn't make it," the principal explained, pulling the two girls in for a hug.

The silence was loud as Avery glanced over to her sister, who had a blank look on her face - clearly in shock. She, however, was not surprised. Moments after Noah had left her house in the morning, she had caught her mother slipping some wolfsbane into Kenny's smoothie. At the time, she thought nothing of it; presuming it was some weird health thing. But now, it all made sense.

– ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ –

"Are you seriously going to his funeral?"