𝟎𝟏 - 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑗𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑛𝑒𝑦

⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

ఌ 𝑻𝙃𝙄𝙍𝘿 𝙋𝙀𝙍𝙎𝙊𝙉 𝙋𝙊𝙑 ఌ

"Aren't you going to answer your phone?" Georgia asked from the front seat, turning around to give her daughter an inquisitive look. It had been two hours since they set off to their new home and Avery's phone had been pinging the entire time.

"Is it your boyfriend?" Austin asked.

"Yeah, is it your boyfriend?" Ginny teased from the driver's seat, knowing that the two had broken up. She had eavesdropped on their conversation, which had caused an argument between the two sisters; much to their mother's dismay. Avery reached over and slapped her sister on the back of her head, causing her to let out a loud groan. "I'm driving here," she complained.

"That's for being nosey," Avery exclaimed.

There was a chorus of protests from her sister and Avery chuckled as she took the phone out of her pocket, sighing at the hundreds of notifications she was greeted with.

Noah: How's the journey?

Noah: Are you there yet?

Noah: It's boring here without you.

Noah: I think you should come back.

Noah: Respond if you are still alive.

Avery: I'm alive. Go and find someone to smoke with, then you won't miss me as much.  It's going to become pretty annoying if you're going to be messaging me every second of the day.

Noah: You can be mean sometimes :(

Avery: You'll get over it.

Noah: I guess it's a no to you coming back.

Avery: It's a no.

"Avery, do you agree?"

Her head lifted up from the phone and she looked at her sister with a confused expression. She had no idea what had been discussed over the past five minutes. "Do I agree with what?" she asked.

"That the 9 year old sat next to you shouldn't be listening to 'It wasn't me'," Ginny complained.

"I bet he doesn't even know what it means," Avery shrugged. Her mother let out a 'told you so' and hived her, while sending an innocent smile to the younger of the girls.