𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍; the best... parasite

𝐇appiness is a strange thing

One can feel it as a tingle in the fingers and toes, much like the feeling of anxiousness, but instead of being worrisome, it's warm. Fuzzy. Fluttering. Passing through the body like a warm ocean wave, washing away the stress of the day. And as the tide fades, you savor the memory of its gentle touch.

Marlowe closes her eyes and savors the wave, placing the coffee can back on the counter. The warm smell hugs her entire being, and it carries a content smile to her lips. She bites down on her bottom one, simply making them curve even further.

She carries the two coffee mugs outside to the open shed where her three friends remain, unable to keep herself from sipping at the delicious coffee in her left hand.

"Are you telling me how to wax my board, Pope?" she hears the familiar voice of the blond before she's even turned the corner, her smile still lingering.

"I'm just saying it's a lot of wax," the mentioned responds.

Marlowe places the untouched mug on the small table beside JJ, who'd asked for a cup as she presented her intention to go make some.

He glances up from drawing the wax along his board, the blues in his eyes subconsciously brightening at the mere sight of the brunette.

"That smells so good," he moans lightly, immediately going for the mug on the table.

The girl turns to Kiara and Pope, raising an eyebrow in question. "You sure you don't want some?"

"I'll pass."

"What? Come on."

The other brunette waves her off with a shrug, "black coffee is literally disgusting."

"Aw," Marlowe drawls, sipping at the brim with a teasing smirk. "Too strong for you?"

Kiara rolls her eyes, flipping her middle finger, simply earning a loud snicker in return.

"You drink booze but can't handle this?" JJ mocks, going back to focus on preparing his surfboard. "That's weak."

The brunette hums at his comment. "So weak."

"You know," Kiara narrows her eyes at them. "This kinda makes me miss when you guys weren't talking to each other."

"Was about to say the same, actually," Pope chimes in with a small smile.

"Shut up," Marlowe flips them off. Her amused eyes drift up to locate JJ's, whose welcoming gaze is already on her. A knowing smile tugs on his lips, recalling last night, which makes her roll her eyes with an evergrowing smile of her own.

"We can go back to ignoring each other if that's what you really want," she ridicules the other two.

JJ immediately groans, leaning on the wooden countertop. "Would rather lose to you in a surfing comp- and that says a lot."