chamomile

chamomile flowers represent relaxation and calmness.

_________

Harry finally got off university, weekeend feeling hugging him. A happy grin adorning his face.

This week had been especially tough for Harry, because finals were close and he had to spend much of his time on studying in the library. The botany degree wasn't as easy as it seemed. Even though he loved nature and everything related to it, he was tired of studying for two and a half hours everyday about how lavender flowers smell affect our nervous system.

But finally, he could go home.

He lived in a place far away from town, 30 minutes away to be more specific. His house —it was a cottage, actually. It was next to a picturesque stream where sparrows would fly down there to drink or clean themselves every morning during sunrise. The stream was surrounded with any kind of flower you could imagine: dandelions, daisies, wisterias, lavenders... Absolutely, any kind of flower.

Harry smiled at the thought of laying down beside the stream. His stream. He could already hear the water flowing and the tickling feeling of tiny fishes biting (he'd say kissing) his feet.

He started humming along to ''The Chain'' by Fleetwood Mac, trying to speed up time. He was really missing the warmth and safety feeling his cottage provided him. Especially when the fire in his fireplace burned like a heart in love and his bunny, Sunflower, relaxed on his tummy while he read one of the books decorating his bookshelf.

A sound coming out of his phone brought him out of his mind. It was a text from one of his friends, Mitch,

Mitch

Mate u forgot your plant physiology textbook in the library. want me to take it to your home?

Harry mumbled a few curses under his breath. He'd got a test of that subject on wednesday, and he couldn't let himself have  the pleasure of not studying in the weekend.

Harry

Dont worry, take it with u and I'll pick it up tomorrow at 10:30AM, k?

Harry let out a breath he didn't know he was holding and kept driving, always humming along to the melodies playing in his car.

__________

Harry was finally about to park his car.

A huge smile painting on his lips. He would be able to go on reading his new lecture, ''Norwegian Wood'' by Haruki Murakami. A book his friend Charlotte recommended and lent him. He let a grin draw on his lips and kept humming along the song playing.

As he got closer to the spot he usually parked in, he noticed something out of place next to the stream he thought so much about on his way home.

It was a female figure knelt down next to the river. It was difficult to distinguish any other features of that mysterious woman. He could only distinguish that she was knelt down and her hair tied up in a messy bun. Even from the distance, a few strands of hair could be seen escaping from their place.

Harry parked his car carefully, making sure of not running over any flower or small animal, but he never lost his gaze on that figure. His eyebrows never stopped frowning, matching his thought of fear of the unknown. What the hell is that?  He wondered, his eyes stuck on the dark figure.

As he got out of the car, he saw the girl turning her head towards him. Her feeling of calmness never left, she was just staring at the curious boy heading towards her.

''Hey,'' Harry said to her trying to light his scared pace, not too loud due to the fear running through his system. ''You alright?''

He thought (supposed, to be honest) the figure was a girl, but what if she wasn't? Maybe she was some kind of monster like a vampire or a werewolf. Or maybe it was some crazy woman who had escaped from the psychiatric hospital, a serial killer that escaped from jail. What if it was a ghost that would follow him to his cottage and haunt him every night until he loses his sanity?