Chapter 4: The Eater

Carrying the injured with her. Touka quickly look for somewhere to hide. With the sound of the ragging metal pole getting closer, Touka begin to feel more tense. Especially since she finds it very difficult to find somewhere to hide running around in the dark like this. Didn't want to use her flashlight because it will draw the eater attention, she now has to rely on her instinct. Hearing the eater sound going in a different direction. Touka thought that it has lost track of them. Using this opportunity, they lay on the mountain of corpses. Blending in with the dead.

"I hope this can keep it off our track for now," she thinks. Remembering the alien is still injury and moaning in pain. She tells him to hold on just a little longer as she tried to call for help. Using her communicator, she tried to contact Stanley. "No don't," the alien tried to warn her. "Don't use any radio wave for communication because it has some way to detect radio signals." he said.

The sound of the dragging metal picks back up again. It is heading right toward them. Arriving at the scene, the eater looks around only to find the communicator touka left behind. Touka and the alien hide nearby by. Still in the range of the eater but he still couldn't find them. It begins is search elsewhere.

"There is no way out that thing is going to kill us," the alien cried. "Be quiet would you," touka tell the guy. Stanley and the others probably pick up on her Sos since I call and not answer. But can I stay hidden from it until they get here. They are all the way over on the north wing of the palace. And with the eater so active there is no way they will make it in time. Touka comes up with a plan to get out of the library. 

She throws her flashlight away in the distance. With it hitting the wall at the far end. The noise will draw the eater away. Once the eater has left their range to check out the noise. This will give them enough time to escape.  she also sets a timer on the flashlight to automatic turn itself on during their escape. This will draw the attention of the eater even more when it set off in after 20 second.

Her plan worked of the most part, but it is still hard to see where they are going in a pitch-black room like this. They don't even know if they are heading in the same direction of the door. The alien tells touka that he has a mini glowstick on him. It isn't as bright as a flashlight so it shouldn't attract the eater. Searching his body, she found the glowstick and turn in on. She could see a little better in the dark so navigating around the corpse's mountain is easier. They manage find the door and head towards it. 

It was then the alien, thanks to the glowstick Touka held up so close to her face. He finally gets a clearer look at her face. "AHHHH!" he screams shoving Touka away from him. "What's the matter?" touka ask. "You... that thing. You are one of it!" he screams in terror. "What are you talking about. The eater will hear us," she said. "No get away from me!" he shouted as he tries to crawl away with his injury legs.

Touka begs the alien to stop but it was late. As he crawls, he felt something grabbing his hand from the dark. In was the eater and it dragged him into the dark. Hearing nothing but his screams and the ripping for his flesh. Touka quickly tried to make her escape.

Feeling something heavy fall on up of her. It was the body of the alien. His chest has a gaping hole where is heart was. The eater must have thrown it to stop Touka from escaping. Coming from the dark the eater slowly approaches her. Touka takes out her gun and shoots at it. Hitting him a few times it quickly run to take cover. Touka quickly rolled the body off her and continue to the door. But felted both her legs being grab. 

She falls flat on ground and is being pull away by the eater. It swings and throws her into one of the piles of the corpses. Recovering quickly, she saw the incoming pole being thrust right toward her head. She quickly dodges it. Duck and rolling to get behind the eater. She shot at him again, but he uses his hand block the bullets before kicking Touka in her stomach sending her all the way across the room.

She gasps in pain while coughing up blood from that directed hit. That kick must have damage some of her inside. Such brute strength. Still ravaging in pain, she still tried to shoot the eater that is walking toward her. But to her failure when the eater stomp on her hand with the gun. Ah! she screams in more pain. Grabbing her by her neck and squeezing it will all his might. Touka tried her best to fight it off, but its overwhelming strength is too much for her.

It held her up in the to the air with one hand and slam her against the wall. Touka feels her consciousness fading away as she finds it harder to breath. She grips the giant curtain behind her hoping to pull herself up to loosen its hold. But that proven unaffected as well. It was like trying to pull her feet out of a bullet of harden concrete. The curtain got rip down from Touka struggling. She feels her consciousness about to give out.

 "Is this it, I am really going to die here. Am I really going to die before I..... No, I don't want to die now. Please if there is anything I can do. Anything, let me know." Still monologuing. "No...it is no use. My body.... my body it feels so cold now. Wait no, what is this. Just a moment ago my body felt cold, but now. What is this warmth.

A strange sensation rush through Touka body. It was a very warm and Cozzy feeling. Opening up her eyes the library is slowly being light up by an orange glow coming from the outside. Is that a nearby star. With this light from the star shinning through the window behind her. She could see things much clearer now. That is how she spotted a security access terminal on the wall next to her. Remember that her suit is powering the palace security system back online again. With all her strength she reaches her hand over. Inched by inched she pushes herself until her hand get to the terminal. With the push of a button, one of the defense systems installed in the library activated.

With her final gasp of air, she shouted. I am a princess of the royal bloodline; computer activate the electric floor 1000 volts of 0.6 second. The voice of an AI responds to Touka's request and activates the electrical flood. The entire floor begins to radiant a wave of visible current electrocuting the eater. 

This was active for exactly 0.6 second because that how long it would take for the eater to let go of Touka before she drops to the ground so that she doesn't get electrocuted either. Touka finally is able to breathe again. But to she surprises, the eater was not killed. It is still alive and moving. Capitalization on the fact that it seems to have gotten weaken after being struck with 1000 bolts of electricity.

Touka looks around for her gun. After finding it she prepares to shoot the eater. With more for that orange light shining through the giant window. More and more of the library begin to glow up.  Giving Touka a proper view of the infamous eater that terrified her. The gun falls out for her hand. Her eyes widen. The words that alien screamed at her upon first sight of her. It all makes sense now to why he was acting so scared of Touka. "What.... this cannot be. You look like.... a human.

Touka look so confuse at the moment, she doesn't really know how to take in what she is seeing right now. Looking pass its extremely outgrown body hair. His really look fingernails and toenails. And its look outgrown hair over his entire face. There is no mistaking it, his appearances and figure. This is a human. "Who... what are you," touka ask looking curious. The eater attacks her again. It was still weakened from being electrocuted so Touka was able dodge it attacks very easy. 

 She grabs back up her gun and points it at the strange man. She asks again, this time in a much more serious tone. "What are you?" He gets ready to attack her again, but with the light from out of space showing more for Touka face. He immediately stops. His eyes widen coming into realization. His first words. "You... look.... just like.... He started screaming while holding his head. He looks like he is in pain. "Hey, try to calm down." Touka slowly move toward him to help. While trying to help she notice a mark on his right shoulder.

"This mark," she says. She rolls up her own sleeve on her right shoulder to reveal that they both have the same birthmark. "No... way. Shin, Shin La Motherland. "That is, you right?" she asks. "Wh.... who," he struggles to say. "Shin La Motherland. First prince of the Armageddon A. Is that really you?"

"It me, don't you remember me?" In a soft teary expression. "My name is Touka La Motherland. We know each other. Don't you remember?" she asks. He looks at her. "Please tell me you remember?" she asks. The man gently caresses her face before shedding a tear. "Tou....ka," he muttered. Suddenly he falls unconscious. Right then Mio's droid came inside the library. "TOUKA!" Mio screamed. Stanley and the others arrived as well. Seeing Touka holding the strange man in her arms. They could not help but to wonder if he is human.