chapter two

Starting her first day on a Friday was probably the worst thing that could happen

   Starting her first day on a Friday was probably the worst thing that could happen. The flights from Florida to Scotland were limited without random overlays so flying in on a Thursday was her best option.

By the time Talia had woken up Flora had already gotten dressed, did a full face of makeup and was heading out the door. She didn't seem like the friendliest person, unlike Millie, so she decided against saying good morning.

The small clock on Flora's bedside table read 6:30. Classes started at 7:00 which mean Talia had to rush to get ready if she didn't want to be late on her first day. Unlike her old school, which was a public school, Gregorstoun required school uniforms. Talia was less than thrilled.

♔♔♔

   By the time lunch rolled around Talia was more than ready. She already had three of her five classes, which consisted of English, Math (or Maths as everyone else called it), and Chemistry.

   She entered the massive dining hall and before she could even think about worrying where to sit she heard a familiar American voice call her name. She spotted Millie and two other people sitting at a table on the far side of the dining hall. She smiled to herself, glad she had a least one person whom she knew.

   "How is your first day so far?" Millie asked as Talia took a seat next to her, across from a tall girl and a red headed boy whom she assumed must've been Millie's friends.

   "Uhh, overwhelming," Talia responded, she wasn't really in the mood to eat anything because of her nerves.

   "Oh darling, don't even worry, things will settle out after a few days. This school really isn't as interesting as it seems," The girl across from her reassures. "I'm Sakshi by the way, and this lad right here is Peregrine," She introduces, messing up the boys hair in a way that Talia's brother has done countless times to her.

   "How many times have I told you to stop calling me that," The boy retorts. "I'm Perry," He says to Talia and offers a small smile.

   "It's nice to meet you guys," Talia says with a big grin. She was grateful for the warm welcome.

   "So what's it like rooming with the princess?" Sakshi cuts straight to the point, leaning both her elbows on the table and interlocking her fingers while resting her chin on them.