Chapter 25: Royalty

Music played loudly in the observation room as the six members of Manic had the time of their lives.

The fairy lights dimly lit the room, so the artworks on the walls that had glow-in-the-dark spray-paint shined with multicolored neon light.

The song Mama by Jonas Blue played while Bokuto and Atsumu sung at the top of their lungs into each other's faces. They were completely off-key, but they didn't care. Akagi and Komori danced with one another. Komori spun Akagi around and lifted him into the air periodically. Kuroo sat back in the pillow fort and recorded their shenanigans while stifling giggles, while Yaku laughed from where he was sitting next to him.

It wasn't long before the song changed to Royalty by Connor Maynard and Atsumu and Bokuto quickly moved off to the side to allow Komori and Akagi more room.

They dove into the pillow fort to get comfortable while Kuroo switched to a new recording. Bokuto moved behind Kuroo and pulled him back against his chest while Atsumu cuddled into Yaku's side. Yaku quickly fumbled for the controller of the fairy lights and set them to a warm orange.

Komori smiled warmly at Akagi as he offered him his hand, bowing with a barely-hidden smirk on his face. Akagi giggled and took Komori's hand without hesitation, only to be pulled flush against Komori's chest.

(Song at the top)
Italics = Komori

If I had the money, lemme tell you how it'd be...
I'd take over the country~
Everyone would bow to me!

Komori spun Akagi around and dipped him to the ground while he grinned at him.

Sit up in my palace, and, baby, you would be my queen~

He pulled Akagi back up and ran a thumb over his flushed cheeks.

We'd run this ship together, just you wait and see~

Komori turned Akagi around and pulled him into his chest while he settled his chin on his head, his arms wrapping around Akagi's waist.

We'll be royalty~

Akagi closed his eyes and smiled, relaxing into Komori's hold.

We'll be royalty~
I know, I know, I know...

Komori spun Akagi around, holding him by both of his hands as he gazed directly into his eyes.

I know we're broke right now...
Boy, I guarantee that I will work this out...

Komori let go of Akagi's hand and turned around stepping away from him and placing his hands on his hips.

Yeah! See, I got this plan.

He turned his head back to look at Akagi.

Are you in or out?
I need to understand...!

Komori moved slowly, circling around Akagi and making large motions with his hands.

Trips to Rio~
5-star meal~

Komori quickly kneeled down on one knee, grabbing Akagi's hands.

Boy, don't quit on me now!

He moved Akagi's hands towards his lips as he sang.

If I gotta beg or steal...
No big deal~

He kissed the back of Akagi's hand, specifically on the silver promise ring situated on his left ring finger, before he stood up abruptly.

Oh, let me break it down!

Komori gazed deeply into Akagi's eyes.

If I had the money, let me tell you how it'd be...
I'd take over the country~
Everyone would bow to me!

Komori made a wide arc with his hand to the side.

Sit up in my palace and baby, you would be my queen~

He brushed an unruly piece of hair behind Akagi's ear before he cupped his cheek in his palm.

We'd run this ship together, just you wait and see!

We'll be royalty~

Komori spun Akagi around by the tips of their fingers.

We'll be royalty~

Their hands linked, Akagi took a step back and they stretched out to reach one another.

We'll be royalty~

Komori pulled Akagi back into his chest.

We'll be royalty~

He took Akagi's freehand in his and stretched it off to the side before he ran his hand down Akagi's arm and placed it on his waist with his other, singing into his ear.

So, would you cover me?
If I gotta take out any enemies?
Yeah! 'Cause it might get ugly...
Many things that you don't wanna see or hear...!

They swayed in sync while Komori settled his hands on Akagi's hips.

You 'bout to party with stars~
Fancy cars~

He looked up over the pillow fort and rested his chin on Akagi's shoulder.

Boy, don't quit on me now~
If I gotta rob or steal, no big deal~
This is how we goin' on!

Komori continued singing as he and Akagi danced like they were listening to ballroom music under the stars.

If I had the money, let me tell you how it'd be...
I'd take over the country~
Everyone would bow to me!

Sit up in my palace and, baby, you would be my queen~
We'd run this ship together, just you wait and see~

We'll be royalty!

They just danced to the rest of the song and and beamed at each other throughout the bridge.

Until the last chorus hit and they both started freestyling. They took turns, Akagi danced first while Komori watched proudly before Komori hit the floor in a spin and started breakdancing, ending on one knee in front of Akagi.

Akagi started laughing, his cheeks flushed red from exhilaration and Komori, "You're such a sap, Toya!" He teased.

Komori grinned, standing up, "Yeah, well, you can't really complain, can you? You like me this way," he replied smugly.

Akagi giggled and rolled his eyes as he hooked his arms around Komori's neck, "Unfortunately," he stated.

Komori chuckled as he shook his head and leaned down to press his lips softly to Akagi's.

Then, suddenly, they heard cheering and clapping behind them, and they broke apart to turn around just to see their friends beaming at them.

Atsumu clapped wildly and laughed while Bokuto and Yaku grinned proudly at them and Kuroo giggled behind his phone as he recorded.

Komori smiled and took Akagi's hand before they both bowed dramatically with a flourish of their free hands, causing the others to cheer even louder.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here's a chapter for all of those who are KomoKagi starved

Anygays, bye!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -