Prolauge

Dear Reader,

I've been on a never ending journey for the past 18 years of my life, as all people have. Yet in the later years of my relatively short life I discovered the power of poetry. When my emotions were too hard to explain I painted words of precise meaning into my poetry journal. When I had questions and thoughts that I needed to share I wrote to seek their answers. When I saw the world around me crumbling and aching I threw my anger and frustration into history with words I felt so deep. Poetry has been my unprescribed medicine. Almost a cure for all the things that pollute my mind and hardened my soul. It still is. However I choose to pack up this era in my life to begin my adulthood free from the baggage I have gathered. I choose to admit my faults, weaknesses and disappointments and say things to people I would never say to them in person. I'm nervous. I'm scared. In the haze of all these daunting emotions I am most of all excited to share my work. It's not perfect: and I don't want it to be. It doesn't need to be. All that matters is I took the leap, off the edge, and into the unknown. If you enjoy my work that's a lovely added bonus. I'll leave you with one last wish: for you to escape into the journey you are about to travel through; and I truly hope you are satisfied with your final Destinations.

With Kind Regards,
Kaden J. Renner