White House Lawn

She's Dying

She did not give us her permission to recklessly pollute her with our emissions.

We thought we were digging for oil but in reality we were digging our fates

deeper and

deeper into turmoil.

Everyday and every night she keeps us protected. We used to praise her for her work but now we have defected.

We lost our morals and we lost our praise, we have become selfish and mean. Most men will kill her for a raise, and for that she is demeaned.

She's dying, she's dying, she's dying, she's dying... She is like a newborn baby that is fated to die. She has done nothing wrong yet her heart beat is faltering.

Oceans are rising and flooding our shores. Forests are burning on the coast. Soon our cities will drown into lore. You would think it would send a sign to those who boast.

I think we've forgotten what she can do, I'm here to remind you of the yearly destruction. We can no longer rely on the morning dew, all this suffering for the cheapest production.

Her name is Earth

and she's dying. We had one job and that was to protect her from dying.

We've had every opportunity to save her, to save ourselves, but we have washed it down the drain, and now we are starting to feel her pain.

America the beautiful

It takes one bad actor to throw the purity of democracy off its course. Unfortunately we have too many bad actors filling up space in our democracy. Well in fact they are actually good actors. They act as if they care about constituents. Yet they sit on a throne upon a pile of money from lobbyists. Reaping the benefits of corporate money, whilst their electorate continues to be visited by the Grim Reaper. Swinging his scythe and taking lives that could have been preserved if it wasn't for the neglect of the sitting official. Our democracy has crossed a bridge. It started out on the side of true representation and has now waltzed across towards imperialism and bureaucracy. Money buys power. That's why the poor remain suffering. The rich get richer while the elected officials line their pockets with empty promises and convincing speeches. Yet remember when the Grim Reaper shows up our lives will be at stake, while they remain safe because they make the rules so they feel they can break them. Trust that they do break the rules. America has fallen from its pride into a dark abyss of corruption. Yet soon the Grim Reaper won't be swinging at you or I. He will be swinging at the heart of America. For her time is ticking. Like every democracy she's doomed to fall, and we will fall with her. America the beautiful, until she was poisoned by her rulers.

Yet another

Another day has gone by and another massacre has been reported. More mass shootings than days in the year. America The Great but only for those not targeted. Thoughts and prayers do nothing for the everlasting painful sear. Why has no solution been presented? Mothers cry as they lose the children they love. While this epidemic thrives and is unprecedented. Now all mothers are left to do is release a white dove. To drift into the skies in remembrance of lives taken too soon. Of chaos that pierces the hearts of every American. The red stripes on our flag must now resemble the young blood spilled day after day. Blood, white, and blue. And to those who cry this isn't about guns, you're wrong. When we value weapons over humanity; we can no longer call ourselves civilized, we must call ourselves militarized. When we value the constitution over life we dive from democracy and drown in tyranny. To all the lives lost, all the people affected and all the Americans watching: I grieve for you. Yet remember we could have avoided these massacres if our political leaders'' had the guts to actually save lives. Gun violence doesn't discriminate. It doesn't care about social status, wealth or political affiliation. It could be any of us. And for that we should all be shaking in fear.