Thor (f) - Intentions

"Fuck! Oh, fuck that hurts." I groaned as Natasha and Wanda dropped me onto the cot in the quinjet.

"Liz ..." Steve started.

"I swear to God that if you try to scold me for fucking cursing I'm going to burn your ass to the ground." I growled.

"She told you, Cap." Natasha chuckled.

"Lay back and try to relax, we'll be home soon." Wanda said.

Someone always gets hurt on a mission, it's inevitable but it sucks for me because I'm not the least bit enhanced. I don't know why Tony wants me here ... I mean, I'm sorta like Natasha without all the Red Room training. I learned to do what I did on the streets, I figured it out by myself and just got really good at hurting people ... for the good guys. Sometimes I still don't understand why Tony wants me around but I'm here so, there's no fighting after the fact but again, I don't heal like your supers do.

"You need to calm down." Bucky said as he walked over to me.

"I'm not like you - you fucker, injuries really do hurt me and I don't have accelerated healing." I complained as I laid back, trying to breathe normally through the pain of whatever internal injuries I have.

"I'll handle the flying." Steve said and Bucky followed him

"We've gotta tell Thor." Wanda stated.

"What? No, why would you do that?" I asked her.

"Why wouldn't I?" she asked.

"He's a God, Wanda ... he has much more important things to do than to come to babysit the invalid." I told her, groaning again.

"Liz, that man cares about you and he'll want to be notified that you were hurt." she argued.

"Wanda, you're reading too much into this. I'm just his Midgard bed buddy." I said, trying to focus on something, anything other than the pain and blood.

"Do you really think that low of him?"

"It's not that I ... oh fuck. I don't think low of him ... there's just not more to the situation than just being bed buddies." I sighed.

"You have feelings for him."

"I told you not to be in my head." I argued.

"Why don't you believe he has those same feelings?" she asked.

"Because I know he doesn't ... he has female companions on Asguard and that's fine because he's single in all honesty."

"Yet you don't sleep with any other."

"I don't need and I'm not interested in any other. The man is only here once or twice every few weeks and he wants someone ... damn it ... he wants someone to keep him company. That's all there is to it." I insisted.

"How could you believe that?" she asked.

"Natasha?" I asked, knowing that she was right behind me outside of my limited peripheral vision at the moment.

"Wanda, he's definitely not invested in this." the red-headed spy agreed.

"How can you not see it?" she argued.

"You're young and in love with the idea of love, that's fine for you. It's not what I expect from him ... I won't make illusions in my head. No expectations sweetie, so that I don't get hurt in the long run." I sighed.

We got back to the tower quickly enough and the medical team took care of me. Major surgery for some internal injuries and a fractured arm. They told me I'll be in bed for a few weeks and no working out, heavy lifting, or missions for about 2-3 months which isn't gonna do me any good. Thankfully, I was brought to my bed after surgery and they said they'd check on me later on. For a second, just a second, I did wish that Thor was here but as I told Wanda, he's got more important things to do. The man's a king for God's sake, taking care of me isn't on the agenda.