13 - The Dark Child 🌕

Lady Dream Keeper

Written By: CrystalRust

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
The Dark Child

I had so much time, sometimes I used it to observe the guards hobbies

I had so much time, sometimes I used it to observe the guards hobbies. I soon stopped when their deeds made me sick. They acted like beasts against people who hardly have any money. These type of people sell their body for a measly amount to afford nothing but hard bread to satiate their stomach that they would slowly eat for days even with molds in it.

The east city gate was near the slums and so this wickedness flashed itself before my eyes from time to time.

Just as he rushed to go outside to check the situation, he didn't bother verifying my identity because my clothing resembled the poor folk of the area. I ended his life with a stab to the side of his neck.

I was lost in my thoughts, the man already bleeding from his neck. He was about to shove me to the side in rage, I quickly evaded after I poked his eye fiercely.

Poked. Was improper. I thrust the weapon in his eye violently.

It was squishy and warm. It felt gooey like the goopy water.

And that was the end of it. Due to poor budget and complacency, the east wall night shift got eliminated without being able to warn the others because I had stealthily eliminated them.

I tried to fit the many blank parchments in my bag. There were no books but I am also happy with this.

I saw a bigger and better bag at the side and wore it too. I used it and stuffed it full. With a happy mood, I returned to the forest.

Not knowing the trouble and misfortune that would come my way. I later learned a better term for it. The people would call it retribution.

I wrote on the blank parchment gleefully. I wrote in very little words to save space. This was a week after my trip. My base was at the edge of the outer zone, nearing the middle zone. This was when an arrow from out of nowhere appeared, flew and planted itself on the tree behind me.

A line of blood leaked from my cut and slid down my face. It stung and it was warm.

A human had targetted me as its prey!

This was the first time this has ever happened.

I panicked at how my traps and barricades did not work to alert me of the enemy. Or if they failed to work because the enemy was too strong!

I always wear my small bag and the goopy water and fruits in the forest was everywhere. Food won't be an issue. The shelter and how to deflect other animals would be. But my most priority right now was to lose this hunter!

××----------××

A/N:
If you're already this far in and haven't added this book to your library then please do so, to keep track of your reading progress. If you enjoyed the chapter and felt that it was worthy of a vote, please click the star icon. If you have any thoughts, please drop it below. See you in the next chapter!