Interview with Inky_Jin

January's spotlighted author is @Inky_Jin with her story The Twin Paradox.

Inky (@Inky_Jin) is a South Asian medical professional, trying to dream big.

When she isn't working, she is busy watching funny videos, eating and trying to hog her only friend. She is introverted by nature and finds it hard to communicate, but she tries.

Please help me give Inky a warm welcome as our January Author of the Month.

Her novel The Twin Paradox is the focus for this month.

When science seemed like a developing demon beneath the crisp gyri of our brains, the man from the city of Harvard University finds himself entangled in truths, lies, and paradoxes

Can he really save himself?

.••••.

Kim Seokjin, the man of our story.

A cafe in the town of Seoul with a small happy family. Happy with their little selves, they thrive nothing more.

But what seems normal, is it even the real truth? What if a lie was the truth of his life?

What happens when he comes to face the man with the same face as his?

A doppelganger.

A paradox

"But saying goodbye is hard, so hard. I am weak, I cannot say goodbye. I cannot, and that is so unfair." - Inky's favourite quote from The Twin Paradox.

The Twin Paradox is the perfect mixture of thriller and fantasy. As well as that perfect mixture of fanfiction. Even if the reader doesn't know BTS they get to know the characters within it how Inky wants them to be. It's entertaining and will have you on the edge of your seat the whole way through.
Make sure you check out The Twin Paradox as soon as you can.

We also wanted to know more about Inky as an author and the novel The Twin Paradox. We were able to conduct an interview with her.

Thank you so much Inky for joining us in this interview. Let's start off with one of our favourite questions. What sparked the inspiration for you to write The Twin Paradox?

"Does saying Kim Seokjin count? Lol.

Actually, nothing specifically inspired me to write the story apart from the theme of travelling between time and the member of BTS, Kim Seokjin.

I had come across the Theory of Twin Paradox whilst reading about the theory of relativity and that had captured my attention on how time could be such a magical thing."

What inspired you to start writing on Wattpad?

"Nothing, to be honest. I had found out about the website during the pandemic and was a sole reader here enjoying the different genres until I urged myself to do something more, and here we are."

Your story, The Twin Paradox, is a fantastic example of Urban Fantasy why did you choose to write urban fantasy?

"I intended on sticking to sci-fi because solely that was my idea until fantasy chose me in the world of science and fiction."

Your story has a reasonably scary theme, with the story being about meeting your doppelganger, what do you think you would do if you came face to face with someone that looks exactly like you?

"That sounds like some real fun.

I would maybe use her to do my shifts in hospital? And maybe ask if she had travelled all the way down from some parallel universe; that would be something bizarre to discover!"

You have a fair amount of books uploaded on Wattpad. What is your writing routine and how often do you write?

"I don't have a routine, I used to though. Writing is now more like a thing that gives me happiness. I am totally jagged around 5 days a week, so on those days, I get to follow nothing.

But I try to write at least once a week. Try."

What tips and advice do you give writers that are new to urban fantasy?

"Fantasy is a genre that you can use anywhere, it's like food to the soul. You can make anything around it. So, just let your imagination flow. There's nothing wrong if an elf pops out of your geometry box and promises to take you to the future you.

Go for it."

What's your message to your readers and supporters?

"Thank you.

I am, and shall always be grateful. It feels amazing when people read what I write, they understand and enjoy it to bits and pieces.

And support is the biggest adjective to ever exist, and I am glad I found that.

Special mention, to a friend and a mirror person Kato, @Katopark.

No matter how much I say, it shall never be enough.

Thank you, Hades!"

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer our questions Inky, your novel The Twin Paradox and your other novels are the perfect addition to Urban Fantasy and the Wattpad community. Thank you so much for bringing this side of Urban Fantasy to the forefront of the Wattpad reading community. Keep up the great work.

We're delighted to have Inky from @Inky_Jin as one of our spotlighted authors! Everyone do yourself a favour and check out the amazing Urban Fantasy Novel The Twin Paradox!

Interested to know how you can become one? Each author here has been noticed by us for their outstanding writing. Keep working on your story and submit your story to our reading lists to get noticed more easily.