Interview with laurendoubleu

This month's Spotlighted Author is laurendoubleu along with her book Turning Tides!

Cover Credit - MoranaInDesign

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Author Bio

Born and raised in Hawaii, Lauren has always enjoyed writing, but it wasn't until later in life that she decided to focus on documenting the characters and worlds of her daydreams. With her background in engineering, these stories tend to include hints of science, and she always loves to have representation for her fellow members in the LGBTQ+ community. Aside from writing, she also enjoys petting cats, photography, and trying out new foods.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Book Description

When Malia set out to sea, she expected to make a life-changing discovery; instead, she received a life-ending doom.But death isn't her end, and she's granted another chance by the very ocean that she died in. That's according to Beatrice, a thousand-year-old water spirit that shows her the ways of their kind. After all, Malia isn't the first to be reborn, and countless souls lost at sea still live underwater, tasked with saving mortals from the same fate. It's a tough job, but if Malia does it right, she can win back her life on land.However, vengeful souls lurk in the waters, determined to destroy the mortals above them. These ghouls were the ones that killed Malia, but if she wants to return to the surface, she'll have to face them in a fight for her mortal life or eternal death.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Favorite Quote

"I'll pay my debt to the ocean — all of it," Beatrice said, her voice burning with a passion warmer than the sand beneath Malia's feet. "I'll work to earn my life back on land, and as soon as I do..." She took a deep breath, one that she didn't need — not yet. "I'll find you. I'll find you again, I promise."

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Interview

1. What made you start writing on Wattpad? What is the most memorable moment you have encountered here? 

After I completed my first novel, I was looking for a way to share it with people that might enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Wattpad seemed like the perfect way to give unknown writers like me a chance to be seen by a like-minded audience, and since then, I've never looked back!