Part 8

Stepping into the train station, he is quick to find his stepmother waiting for him. He walks over and pauses when Draco walks past him. Their eyes meet and guilt hits him. Harry opens his mouth to apologize but Draco turns his head scoffing. Harry closes his mouth and lowers his gaze down. 

"Hey, darling, what is going on with you and Draco?" Hazel does not miss the boy's interaction.

"We are no longer friends."

"How come?" Hazel kneels down to make eye contact with her stepson.

"I befriended a muggle-born and I saved her from a troll but Draco thinks she is going to get me killed. He ended the friendship saying he does not want to watch her lead me to danger." Hazel's eyes lower understanding.

"Well, I am sure you guys will fix your friendship another day. Come on, I got your favorite food waiting for you at home." Harry grabs his mother's hand and they disappear.

During the following weeks of summer break, Harry returned back happy spending time with Hazel. She also began training him some more with defense since the professor was not so good. 

"Mom, maybe you should be a defense against the dark arts professor?" Harry says blocking another silent spell thrown at him.

"I would dear but I do not think it would look nice. I also have my job to do at the ministry." Casting a rope-binding spell, Harry uses a fire-exploding spell to destroy it before it reached him.

"But if Dumbledore had asked you, would you accept it?" Harry lowers his wand.

"It will depend on when the circumstances appear. I think that will be all for today. Let us go wash up and then have lunch." Hazel waves her wand cleaning the dirt and dust. Walking over to her stepson, she places a hand on his back leading him out.

Harry goes up to his room which consists of black walls and glass wall windows. He removes his shirt and goes to take a shower. After removing his stinking sweat, he walks into his closet to change. Pausing when he hears a pop in his room, he grabs his wand from the counter and sneaks over to the corner.

He opens his mouth to call out but stops remembering what Hazel told him. Counting down from three, he jumps out and points his wand at the intruder. Tilting his head when it is some form of a creature jumping on his bed.

"Who are you?" The creature turns and sees Harry pointing a wand at him.

"You are Harry Potter. Dobby sir, Dobby the house elf."

"What are you doing here?" He remains impassive to the elf.

"To come and warn Harry Potter must not go to Hogwarts." their heads move to the door as it opens. Hazel walks in stopping when she sees the elf.

"Dobby, what are you doing here?" Harry is caught staring at his stepmom. She is wearing black tight pants with a black crop top and hair curled. She looks badass. Harry shakes his head and focuses his attention on the elf.

"Harry Potter must not go to school. You are in danger. Foul creatures..." Hazel's shoulders tense hearing the Malfoys elf warn them.

"Dobby go back to your master now." The elf whimpers and disappears under the deadly stare of the lady.

Harry lowers his wand finally and looks at his stepmom. Hazel offers him a small smile that did not reach her eyes.

"Mom, is everything alright? Why did the elf say he did not want me to go to Hogwarts?" Harry walks over concerned.

"I am sure this is some prank. Hogwarts will always be safe. Now, how about going to eat while i go speak with someone alright?" Harry nods heading to the dining room worried more about his stepmom. He worries for her safety as well. He will be damned if he allows her to get hurt because she saved him. He does not want another person to get hurt because of him.

Hazel waits for Harry to go down the stairs before apparating to the Malfoys. She appears before Lucius' desk and he jumps back startled with his wand out. Upon seeing who entered his study, Lucius sighs but still is tense. The visitor struck fear into his very soul.

"Hazel, lovely to see you." He flinches when her hands slam on the desk with a burning fire in her eyes.

"What is going to happen at Hogwarts this year?" Hazel speaks slowly and with thick venom on her tongue terrifying the man some more. She is scarier than the dark lord.

"W-what..I-I-I don't k-know what y-you mean?" Lucius scolds himself for shaking.

"Your house elf Dobby paid my son Harry a visit in his room warning him some foul creature is going to endanger the students at Hogwarts. The only person he would hear that from is you. I am going to repeat myself one last time. What is going to happen at Hogwarts?" Lucius gulps not meeting the woman's stare.

"The Chamber of secrets shall be opened once again." He is glad he did not stutter but it does not help the shaking of his hands and body.

"Is that so? Anything else I should know? Any harm will come to my stepson should I know about?" Lucius gulps once more and shifts his gaze to the liquor cabinet.

"Not that I know of. I was just told the chamber will be opened."

"And the creature?" Hazel leans forward to make sure the elder Malfoy does not lie to her.

"I do not know what creature. It is just like anyone would know. A monster will be released when the chamber is opened. that is all I know. Please...spare me." Hazel feels disgusted seeing how such a pureblood family can be such cowards. Lucius is a wuss.

"If anything were to happen that will harm any of those children either mine or yours or anybody's, you will be having tea with the kelp in the black lake. Am I clear?"

"Y-Y-Yes...U-U-Understood." Lucius' chair is beginning to squeak as his shaking vibrates his whole body.

"Glad we understand one another. And if you are lying, your punishment will be worse than the devil can give." The woman apparates back home leaving that lovely message.

"Mom? where did you go?" Harry asks looking up to watch Hazel walk into the dining room.

"Like I told you, dear, to see a friend. Dobby was just trying to scare you. Missed me that much?" Hazel sits at the head of the table smiling at Harry to ease his worry.

"I worry about you mom. I don't want you to get killed because of me." Hazel smiles tenderly and places her hand on Harry's.

"You need not worry. I am very powerful and I can protect both of us. I could duel with Albus and win." Harry's eyes widen hearing his stepmother is that powerful. "And before you ask, I am serious."

"Wow! You know mom, I want to be as strong as you are." hazel smiles and reaches to pet the back of his head.

"Practice and train hard and one day you will be. But don't forget to have fun too and hang out with your friends." Harry smiles at her feeling at ease. "Let us finish eating, hm?"

Harry nods and continues eating the breaded chicken steak and pieces of asparagus. After eating they eat a slice of chocolate cake before going to do their own thing. Harry goes straight to the library to read more and more spells. He will get stronger, for his family and friends. He swears it.