Part 11

That morning, the students are unknowing of the fury of the Blackwood woman. She wakes up and heads to eat at the head table only to find her door locked. She tries every unlocking spell but nothing works. Growing frustrated at who trapped her, she calms down her rising fury before using stronger magic to get to class.

"Lockhart! Filidus Totalis!" The professor's body locks and flops back before he unleashes cornish pixies on the class. The second professor marches forward and glares down to the baffoon. "Locking me in my own chambers. Are you begging for me to hex your behind? Stay there and think about what you have done while I teach the class properly."

Taking a moment to calm down, she lifts a smile on her face and walks in front of the desk. Looking at her stepson, her smile raises.

"Before your stupid professor unlocked this cage of cornish pixies, let us first know how to take care of them if they ever got loose. Who can tell me what are Cornish pixies first off?" Hands raise and she picks a hand.

"Yes, Ms. Granger."

"Cornish pixies are mischievous creatures that cause havoc and chaos."

"Correct. And who can tell me one of the two spells to catch or stop a pixie?" She notices Hermione hand always flying up and so politely tells her. "Ms. Granger, I am glad you are dedicated to your studies but I would for the rest of the class to try."

Hermione lowers her hand in awe at the kind words from the professor. No one has ever spoken so respectfully to her and at the same time scorn her for her old habit of knowing a lot. Harry grins watching Hermione become slack-jawed. That is his stepmother, always so respectful and demanding. Not to mention kind and terrifying.

"Mr. Longbottom, how about you try?" Eyes look to the shy boy.

"You can use the body binding spell like you used on Lockhart."

"Excellent. Five points to Gryffindor. Any other spell?" Hazel smiles and points to another student.

"The freezing charm."

"Yes. Who now can tell the difference between the two spells?" Hazel leans on the desk watching the students staring at her.

"The body binding spell moves the body as if tied with invisible rope while the freezing charm immobilizes any movement rendering them frozen." Mr. Finnigan explains.

"Wonderful. Aren't they?" Hazel looks down at the frozen adult. Jumping up from the desk, she walks two steps forward. "Now I will be placing a small cage with just one pixie in them on your desks. Your task is to use either the freezing charm or the body binding charm to stop their movement. Alright? Take out your wands please."

The rest of the class resumed with the task of freezing the pixies' movement. In the end, Hazel instructed the students to write a two-page long essay about what they have learned about the pixies and the spells they used. She also added for them to write a list no matter the number of other spells to use to stop a pixie movement and activities.

"Off you go." The class leaves and Hazel winks at Harry making him smile.

"She is bloody brilliant. I would love to learn from her any day rather than Lockhart." Ron comments grinning. 

Harry smiles and eyes the silent witch beside him. Her face is crunched up and Harry recognizes it as her thinking face. Something is on her mind rendering her more quiet than usual.

"Something wrong Hermione?" Harry asks.

"That was the first time anyone was so kind in lecturing me. She was saying I am a know-it-all but in such a kind way I don't feel guilty or ashamed." Harry grins seeing how much his stepmother affected her.

"Yeah, her style of teaching is fair and always goes for success. Even Neville had a bit more confidence when she called him." He noticed a lot in class and even the look Draco was throwing at her. The look of admiration. His stepmother sure is famous. Not for her magic but for her personality.

"Good luck with Quidditch Harry." He nods saying bye to his friends. Last year he got chosen to be the Quidditch Gryffindor seeker. He is extremely fast and with the practice he got during the summer, he could be even faster.