Chapter 2

She was amazing. She was beautiful. She was like a spring sunset, like the reddest rose in the world, just the prettiest. She had red hair, sky-blue eyes, I almost drowned in them. She had a beautiful figure too, slim waist, firm posture, medium sized breasts. I rolled my eyes at her. She was just talking to Natasha. Which didn't look good. First of all, she was from Russia, and secondly, she was the prettiest girl in this grade, up to this point. Now she was being overtaken by Charlotte, or at least I hoped that was her name, or if that was even her name. I wanted to go to Natasha, but I couldn't move. I was still overwhelmed by her beauty, the other girl's beauty that is. "What are you looking at, I knew you would like her" Kesar said and patted me on the shoulder. It brought me out of my paralysis. "It's that Charlotte yeah, and what is she doing with Natasha anyway? ", I asked Kesar. "I'd like to know that too.", he said. I took a few steps towards them. "What's going on here?" I asked Natasha. "Oh nothing, just a new student came in so I'm teaching her about our rules here, nothing for you so kindly leave, right." Natasha said and pushed me. It was very serious, she used to get angry a lot, mostly at the boys, but I had never seen her this angry. But I don't know why, I listened to her.
   At lunch break, while I was waiting in line for lunch, I saw Charlotte arguing with Natasha, again. They were probably arguing because Charlotte wanted to sit with Natasha and her girls at the table, but as it happens, the girls are just jealous bitches, so they wouldn't let her. "Heey do you think this little girl can sit with us?", I heard. ""That scum?", "Why do you even ask?", "This thing wants to sit with us?", the girls replied to her. But by then I had already made my way over to them. "Mind your own business, she's new here", I said. As I did, I realized I'd grabbed Charlotte's hand. "Ummm sorry", I blurted out, but I was already running away with Charlotte behind me. I stopped at the toilet to catch my breath. "Thank you for helping me". My heart raced. I didn't know what to do. I took a deep breath and slowly turned around. I saw her standing right in front of me. "H-h-h-h-hi", I stuttered out. "Hi, thank you for helping me", she replied. "Y-yeah you're welcome ", I said and smiled at her. She smiled back. "How can I repay you?", she said after a while. "Nothing, everyone would do it". I blushed, I was redder than a tomato. "I have to go.", I replied and without saying goodbye, I ran to the locker room.
   I arrived at the locker room. I knew it, I knew it very well. I was in love. I was in love with her, with Charlotte. At first sight. And then, love at first sight doesn't exist. I had to do something about it, ask her out, maybe to a restaurant or a cafe. But how, how to do it. First I had to decide if I really wanted it, my last relationship didn't go so well. Plus, it's never easy with women. After thinking about it for a while, I decided to give it a try. I went to class. A little outside the classroom, I heard a familiar voice. "Don't touch me, stop it!" I ran. I saw Natasha holding Charlotte by the neck. I ran over to them. I put my arms around Charlotte and in a hug, you could also call it a pry, I slipped Charlotte out of Natasha's hand. "What are you...", they both blurted out almost equally. Even I was surprised that I went into it like that. I could have just removed Natasha's hand from Charlotte's throat. But I didn't realize that until I was out of class. I let her go. I didn't even want to look her in the face. "Thank you," she said, and there was sympathy, nervousness and surprise. "Thank you again", she continued , "That's the second time you've helped me". "I'm glad to help others." , I replied still with my eyes on the ground. I heard her chuckle. "I'm Charlotte.", she introduced herself. I raised my head. "I'm Keith", I said and we shook hands. It was dead silent for a while. "Do you want to go somewhere after school? Maybe to a coffee shop?", she said, still looking me in the eyes. "Sure we can. I know a good one.", I replied, and went back to class. I was smiling like a pedophile in front of the kindergarten.
   I called Jack after school and apologized for not coming to work today. I had an appointment with Charlotte at 4:30pm, which meant I still had 1 hour. I got home, the bus was late as it was, so I had exactly 30 minutes to clean my flat if we were going to come here, I had to wash up, brush my teeth and get dressed somehow normally. The getting dressed was the biggest problem because I have no taste in dressing style. I ended up wearing dark blue jeans, a black t-shirt, and a blue sweatshirt, and I'll take a jacket, I didn't have anything else that was nice and washed. Now I had to clean up. Well, after 25 minutes I somehow managed to do it, throwing the clothes in the bathroom in a pile, the dishes in the dishwasher, and I even vacuumed and made my bed. It was time to go.
    I got there on time, as we were meeting at a cozy little cafe a short walk from my apartment. It was 4.33pm and Charlotte was still nowhere to be found. I started to panic, wondering if maybe she'd got the wrong cafe, then I saw her. She was beautiful. She was wearing a dark blue coat, a pink T-shirt that said "I ♡ Barbie". I smiled and opened the door for her.   
We pushed our way to table number 12, it was by a large window that you could see the street through. After I put my sweatshirt down, the waiter came over. "What'll it be? " , he asked in a million times repeated phrase. I looked at Charlotte and gestured for her to speak first. "I'll have tea. What flavors do you have here?", "Herbs, mint, lemon, strawberry, raspberry and forest berry. "Forest berries please," Charlotte said. "And you, sir?", the waiter turned to me. "I'll have a instant coffee please, thank you". The waiter took our orders and we went back behind the bar. We were silent for a while. "Thank you again so much for saving me from Natasha and her friends.", Charlotte broke the endless silence. "It was nothing", I replied, turning red. "Natasha is like that". I shrugged. "I hope we can make up.", Charlotte said. "Where are you from?", I asked. "I live not far from here". I mentally got mad at Kesar for telling me he wasn't from this country, but I got over it without comment. "Well, that's great. I expected you to live far from here.", "Well I moved here." "I've lived here for a good 5 years now", I said proudly. "Do you want to go somewhere, I know a cool place". "Sure we can.". "It's not far from here, so we don't even have to take the bus." I said and then it started. I started telling her about my life and she added some of hers. We laughed. I finished my coffee, she finished her tea, I paid and off we went.
   It was a place just outside of town, I come here a lot when I'm bored. There was a bench and there were trees all around. "It's a bit uphill". "It's okay I don't have a problem with it", she said and we started climbing.
   We reached the spot. Thomas was sitting on the bench, but Charlotte didn't know him. He had his back to us, just looking down into the valley. I walked around the bench and greeted him. "Hey, you know this place too? ", "Sure, who doesn't know this place, it's probably the quietest place in this town". It was still a village, but I preferred not to tell him that. I leaned over to him. "I'm here with this Charlotte, she's our new classmate, would you like to leave us alone?", I whispered in his ear so Charlotte wouldn't hear. Thomas turned around. Charlotte was just looking down at the city so she didn't see him. "She is good", Thomas said to me, got up and left. I could still hear, "You two have a good time." I thanked him in my head and followed Charlotte. I had the need to grab her around the waist and kiss her on the cheek like I did with my ex, but in the end I didn't. "What a view, isn't it ", I broke the endless silence. Charlotte was still silent. Then she turned and spoke: "Isn't this a date?". I blushed. I was as red as the fake tomato ketchup they made today. "N-don't know, I guess not.", I tried to speak normally but I wasn't very good at it. Then she continued: "I really enjoyed today. Shall we do it again sometime?". For the first time I looked her straight in the eyes. "I would like to do it again too.", I said and looked at the city again. It was getting darker and darker, making the view of the city even more beautiful. We stood there for a while just enjoying the view. Then she turned to me, grabbed my hand and put something in it. "It's a bracelet made of aventurine and pink quartz. It will bring you happiness, love and also help you deal with your emotions.". "Thank you.", I said and examined the bracelet. "It glows interestingly.", I said. "It's the aventurite one, it glows when you're dealing with something difficult.", "Yeah that's right.", I nodded my head. "I recently broke up, I guess that's why". "Hmm", Charlotte nodded her head, but she looked weird as she did so, blushing, it was the first time I'd seen her like that. "Is something wrong?", I asked. "Nothing's wrong I'm just getting cold, we should probably get going", "I think so too". I said, and handed her my jacket. "Put it over you.", "Thank you.", she replied and smiled. It was a beautiful sight, she had a beautiful smile as she was completely flawless herself. Just beautiful.