Chapter 1: They Meet Again and Chapter 2:Temptations

Info

*This story is not fully accurate to the book or movie*

*The story starts in the lonesome streets of Gordes, Paris. The night has just begun, and inspector Javert is feeling romantical, he wants Jean to kiss him on his hot mouth, because he has been ignoring him for his ye old computer call all day.

Chapter 1: They Meet Again

"Valjean!!" Javert yells as he finds the larger man he's been searching for. Valjean immediately turns to the voice which called his name. His eyes shine with fear as the evil man who had been searching for him for years appears right before him. "Ja-Javert?" Valjean's nightmares have come true. He is filled with an overwhelming sense of dread as the man who tormented him for so many years is here again.

"So I see we meet again prisoner 24601....." he says with a smug smile, looking the former inmate up and down with distaste. He holds out his gun, trapping Valjean in an invisible barrier from which he cannot escape. The larger man is silenced as he eyes the barrel of the gun. "And this time..... I'm not letting you get away so easily...". Javert skips giddily up to Valjean, holding the gun up to his chest. Valjean looks with a scornful, emotionless expression at Javert's eyes, searching for any sign of mercy. He finds none, instead, he sees into the soul of a hypocrite. A man so interested in punishing others for their sins, that he hasn't seen his own. To Valjean, the man was nothing more than an immature boy with too much power. But Javert saw himself as a bringer of justice. Valjean must pay for the bread that he stole, after all, people could only be good or evil, nothing in the middle. Or so Javert thought.

Without a moment's hesitation, Javert places the gun upon Valjean's temple, about to connect the bullet to his brain. He hesitates. But why? The man who he has searched for is right in front of him. His hands freeze, and after years of yearning for his blood, he stares into the eyes of the man who was so deemed "dangerous" and sees...nothing. Valjean's eyes are emptied of all feelings, after all, it is the end for him. Javert realizes Valjean's sorrow, but he has been searching for Valjean for so many years. With a single bullet, he could end all of his own sufferings and kill the evil Valjean who has caused him so much trouble, so much pain. Javert tightens his grip on the gun and holds it up closer to Valjean's head, with the intent to pull the trigger. Valjean makes eye contact once more, and this time, Javert could see the pleads of his soul. The pleading for life. Conflicted and distraught, Javert drops to his knees, the gun tumbling into the sewer below. A cry of agony leaves his lips, one he has never cried, not even in his childhood in prison. He realizes the torment he has left in Valjean's life and feels a sliver,...a sliver of pity. It gnaws on his soul, tearing him in half. He shouldn't be feeling pity for his victims, he has a duty to complete, and there's no faltering on the job! All his life, has led to this moment, but why did he fall so short? Javert reaches into his jacket, pulling out a short pocket knife. "Valjean...please. I deserve this fate...you were but a young man, trying to feed his family....but I have kept you in the darkness for so long.....please.....it is only right to take my life.....".

Valjean is stunned. He knows that every person has good in them, but he didn't think that Javert's goodness would shine so soon. Standing over Javert, Valjean takes the knife that was offered to him. He looks below at the man full of regret and sorrow. The man who is so ready to take his own life. Valjean gently places his other hand below Javert's chin. He lifts Javert's sad face so that their gazes meet. Valjean drops the knife, takes one last look at Javert, and walks away into the shadows of the French building alleys, leaving Javert stunned in silence.

Chapter 2: Temptations

One year after the strange altercation, Valjean can finally rest knowing that his life isn't in danger. Cosette has realized a burden has been lifted from her father and decided to ask him about it. "Papa, you have been awfully happy recently, may I ask Why?" Valjean, practicing reading, looks up from his book.