Closing Remarks

If Genes are like a story,
˜"*°• Then DNA is the language the story is written in. •°*"˜
___________________________________

"And that is why I believe that using induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC) derived directly from patients is viable and healthy alternative when it comes to organ transplant. With this research we can step into a new era of modern and advanced biomedical technology, that can benefit so many lives.
Thank you."

"Miss L/n, albeit beneficial for the patient to use their iPSC's to generate organs for transplant, have you considered the ethics of this technology? Why stop at organs when you can continue until you create human life." The adjunct professor of your department asks you.

"Yes, I have considered this and honestly I agree that this technology should be handled and applied with caution. The creation of any human life, whether through iPSC or through conception, is not some just an amalgamation of DNA and cells. We'd have to consider what are the ingredients of a soul, one's mind, their emotions and spirit. At this time my research is quite limited when it comes to this but if you have any further questions I can refer you to my Principal Investigator (PI), Professor Utonium." You respond,

"Ugh, that heretic? We should have stripped him of his credentials when he created those little monsters he calls his girls." The adjunct professor remarks.

You clench your fist and tighten your jaw by your Professors rude and disrespectful comments. Having worked with the professor for over 4 years you've been fortunate to spend so much time with the powerpuff girls. You love them so much and they've come to love you as well.

"None the less, they have saved our town numerous times, so I guess his experiment was ended up being a success...
Miss l/n I can see that your thesis and research is well supported. By the authority given to me by this university and our prestigious department, I hear by pass you as an accomplished doctoral candidate in biomedical research."

"Woo boo!!!" You yell before throwing your notes up in the air.

"Thank you sir! Thank you so much!" You energetically shake your adjunct professors hand.

.....

As walk out the steps of your departments building you see Professor Utonium and the powderpuff girls waiting for you.

"Y/n!" The girls scream as the zip to hug you.

"I did it girls! I'm officially a doctor! Thank you so much for your well wishes and prayers!" You say as you hold them tight.

Their no longer the little kindergartners you knew when you started working in Professor Utonium's lab, their almost preteens now and you can't help but wonder where the time went.

As you look up from the girls you see professor Utonium smiling warmly at you. His eyes are so tender and you can feel it in heart that he's calling out to you.

"Excuse me girls. I'd like to thank the professor too." You say as you slowly walk towards the professor.

"Thank you sir." You professionals say as you hold your hand to him.

"Hmm? Um you're very welcome y/n. It's been my absolute pleasure."he says as he shakes your hand.

As your shaking his hand you awkwardly step forward and go into a hug.

"Please excuse me professor. It's just that now that I'm no longer your student I've really wanted to hug you." You say to him.

You feel as his hands wrap around your back, "it's ok y/n and me too."

"Really professor?" shocked you look up at him while still in his embrace.

"Yes, really." He says as he pulls you in tighter.

"Also y/n, I insist you now call me Jonathan, ok?"

"Yes sure thing, Jonathan."