56

Kai

For the next week Shadow kept me preoccupied with sex. And sleep. Because when he wasn't ringing my body dry of cum, I was passed out from exhaustion. And starting to suspect he was doing it on purpose. How much easier his job was of keeping an eye on me when I was always either sleeping or at the end of his dick.
So I forced myself to get up when I heard him climb out of bed and go downstairs.
I switched on the tv and as it was turning on I put the volume so low so he wouldn't hear. He had a weird reaction when I tried watching it and now I was worried the world was ending or something on the outside.
At first it was a commercial and then weather. I chewed nervously as I flipped news channels. Any moment Shadow would come back and knowing him, would break the tv this time. He was so petty and childish at times and lucky I couldn't beat his ass anymore.
And that's when I saw it. Reports of a dead school boy found. No arrest have been made yet. Blue. He had been killed all those weeks back? I didn't know how to feel about that. Especially knowing his face has been smashed in. Horrible. Did anyone truly deserve that?
And a string of faces flashing across the screen as missing. They used a picture of Claire from last year and it made my heart stutter to a stop.
"I told you not to watch the news."
I spun around as Shadow looked distressed, he combed his hair out of his eyes while holding his phone in his other hand as he walked over and switched off the news.
"You've been busy and I haven't even seen you leave yet," I accused. "How did you get to Claire? When did you get to her?"
Shadow tried to touch my face but I smacked his hand away.
"You're just going to kill everyone who knows now? Fucking Claire? Who next, Hen-" I cut myself off and cursed myself for being so angry I let his name slip.
Shadow froze.
"Henry? As in that kid who stayed here? He found out?" He hissed. My eyes widened.
"No, Shadow, no. You can't." But if he killed Claire, fuck he would kill anyone. "Hufflepuff. Hufflepuff. I want you to leave me alone for a day now," the words tumbled out desperately.
Shadow just stood there. Blinked at me. I tried to step by him, but his hand shot out as he grabbed my arm. "Kai, the time for that has passed." His words settled like rocks in my stomach as my heart dropped to the floor.
"You've crossed the line so far, I can't even."
"You can hate me Kai, but I'm not letting you out if my sight."
"Obviously there's moments you've been going out killing so yes, I've been out of your sight."
"No, never."
"Then how? Someone else doing it for you," my eyes fell to the phone in his hand. To the screen. I gasped and looked behind me. There, a small pinprick of a red light. He put cameras all over, of fucking course.
"I'll hate you for this." I whispered as I looked back at him. "Eventually I'll start hating your guts Shadow. I'll resent you and regret us." I said the words but I wasn't even sure if they were true. Fuck I loved him, and it was fucked up. Maybe I wouldn't hate him but I would for sure hate myself. Blame myself. It was too much.
Shadow looked away. "I'll risk you hating me," he looks back. "There are certain things you can't take back. And I'll never let you understand that."
"I understand that now Shadow. I get it. But killing innocent people. Killing Claire, and if you kill Henry? That's just down right evil. They didn't deserve that. We looked after Henry when his father was abusing him, you did a good thing and wanna turn around and kill the poor kid. And Claire? I cared for her; not in that way don't even get started, but she was a good friend, to both of us, she did us a favor and kept our secret and didn't judge us. I know I made you worry and I know of your past, but Shadow, you can't let this suck the life out of you turning you into some grim reaper."
"I'm sorry Kai," Shadow turned away and went through his drawer. Finding his keys?
"I won't let you," I decided. If I had to fight him, I would. Shadow turned and was in front of me with his stupid alpha speed.
"This won't hurt," he muttered, maybe more to himself.
"What-" I cut off as he stabbed something into my neck. A needle? As the world went all fuzzy, I knew he had drugged me.