Losing Yourself

Ey I'm sorry for not updating in a long time I do not know if there is really anyone reading this, in which there is almost someone please leave a like, to be honest I would very much like to receive some kind of clue that someone reads this. enjoy this chapter if you find any spelling error do not hesitate to say it, my English is not very good.

With Lawrence out of the safe zone, everything was easier, I signed up for the volunteer program to distribute the cure, I prepared myself for the long walk to school, with the cure in hand and a gun in my bag, I went as quietly as possible. , but being as fast as my body allowed me.

I was afraid of not finding Ethan the first time, fortunately he was in the living room, the same one that used to be our meeting place, he was sitting looking at nothing as if waiting for something.  I entered quietly, but not enough, he began to go in my direction and I shot the cure straight into his neck, I left the room and blocked the door, shouts and a few blows were heard and suddenly absolute silence, I waited a few minutes that seemed hours until he takes courage and enters the room.

I found Ethan on the floor, he looked thin and dirty on the floor, his skin was a normal tone, again somewhat pale and I saw him move, his eyes were disoriented with cracked lips and clearly dehydrated.

Mc: is that you Ethan?  Tell me something

Ethan: water I'm thirsty

At that moment, he took out a small bottle of water that he had with him and gave it to him, Ethan could barely get up off the ground and drank the entire bottle in a matter of seconds.

Ethan: my whole body hurts, what happened?

Mc: you're alive, it's you again - tears began to flow from mc's eyes without any qualms, Ethan looked into her worried eyes to notice himself and his clothes covered in dried blood and his excessively pale skin -
Ethan: I was a zombie?

Mc: you got infected when we all tried to go to the safe zone together, but that doesn't matter, now you're here, you're alive, the cure worked, I've been dreaming about this for so Long.
Ethan: how did it happen, medicine?  I don't understand

—mc realized that Ethan didn't remember anything about what happened that day, he didn't remember Lawrence's betrayal, he didn't know anything, he began to wonder if it was worth telling him something about what really happened that day almost a year ago. a year ago or if it was better to lie and make it look like an accident-

Mc:… There was an accident the day we tried to go to the safe zone, that day the electricity came back on and the school bell turned on by mistake and we tried to run away as we could, but in the end you and the others were infected, I I was lucky to escape in time and I met Lawrence who had managed to escape but Eugene zion Harry and you... They were attacked by zombies, we couldn't do anything to save them.

Ethan: that this is not possible Harry zion Eugene are they dead?

Mc: I didn't think you were dead but look at you, you're here

Ethan: but if I was infected as I am here now where did you get that cure?

Mc: it's been longer than you think, in fact it's been 11 months since that horrible day and in that time Lawrence and I found the safe zone and the cure is starting to be distributed and I'm one of the volunteers I came here with hoping to find any of you zombies and i did you're here alive

—mc hugs the confused Ethan with all the strength he has, while the tears do not stop flowing from his eyes -

Ethan: I don't know what to say, I'm so glad I'm not a zombie, but it's too much to analyze

Mc: I know, but I need you to come with me to the safe zone before it gets too late. Do we have to go or can you move?

Ethan: yes I can

— so they both walked as quickly and silently as possible to the safe zone, arriving before nightfall -

Mc: this is the entrance, you will be quarantined to keep an eye on how you are all the time, the cure is still experimental and that is why you must be supervised, I will visit you as soon as I can, meanwhile you just need to calm down here in the area I'm sure you won't go hungry and you'll sleep much more comfortably, I'll write to you.

Ethan: a protocol like this was to be expected, but before I go mc thanks for going to save me and not leaving me to rot you are the most wonderful person and I hope to see you soon

— Ethan nervously grabbed mc's hand noticing the huge difference in size and massaging it in the same way that she once did to wake him up and entered the safe zone, mc left his report of what happened and returned to his empty apartment-

(mc I did it Ethan is safe, now he can have a good life, I'm sure, but because I can't stop crying, I lied, I told him that it was all an accident when I know perfectly well that it wasn't like that, despite everything I'm protecting, I protected Lawrence, the boys' murderer, Ethan's murderer, I protected his murderer, I did it... I'm just like him, I don't deserve to feel good, I didn't win anything from this, I did the right thing, I know, but I am not  loyal neither to Lawrence, or to myself because I lied, I am a rat)