Chapter one

Hi, my name is Taehyung. I am now 20 years old and want to tell my story. I think now many will turn away and ignore this story, but I would like to tell how I managed to find myself again.
Perhaps this step will help you and give you the courage not to lose hope of finding someone who likes you the way you are.
I don't think anyone's sane, do they?

In order to explain to you how I got to this point in my life, I have to start all over again.
That's right, at the point where I was born.
I was born on December 30, 1995 in a Stinky Normal Hospital in Daegu. My parents were only 22 and 25 years old. I think by the time I was born, my parents had only been together for 11 months. So not very long and that was also noticeable. As I learned later, they also fought very much during my mother's pregnancy, so much so that my father kicked my mother's stomach.

A week earlier, my mother was in the hospital with my father and his friends due to a false alarm. Everyone was nervous except my father.
When someone asked him why he was so quiet, he only replied: "I only have a son and not a BMW."
When I think back to my mother telling me this, it kinda hurts again.

But back to the beginning. I saw the light of day at 2:24, and in the delivery room med. were my father and my grandmother.
My father's parents had refused to accept me as their grandchild for 9 months. But who knew that later they were the only ones who gave me a nice time in my childhood?
The nurse first gave me to my father instead of my mother and immediately my father pretended to be the happiest person in the world. When I have to think about the scenario, it makes me sick.
A few hours later my father's parents met and immediately the ice broke when my grandfather held me in his arms. From now on, I was his only grandchild that he would love and accept.
You'd think it would have been a perfect moment and a happy family, but that was just the beginning of hell...

I don't want to talk to you anymore about the day I was born.
My parents didn't have much money and so we first lived in a small run-down apartment in Daegu.
But hey, I had a room and a lot of toys.
I was respected and loved by my parents' friends, but behind closed doors, no one ever knew what was really going on.

It started with my father refusing to acknowledge paternity, because my mother admitted to cheating on him months ago. My mother begged him to accept me as his child, because I was  to 100% his child. But my father refused until my mother's entire family urged him to take a test. Even the Childprotectiveservice called for the test. After a long argument, he made this one and behold, I was 99.99999% his child.

That day my father began to accept me and take on the role of father. Unfortunately, he wasn't a good man. He was very aggressive and violent towards my mother, but my mother knew how to defend herself and did it so often. My father was unemployed and my mother often tried to support us with her small money from her job. It was already so bad that she had to steal from some supermarkets. Unfortunately, she was diagnosed with Narcissistic Personality Disorder at some point when Childprotectiveservice radioed in between. They noticed the horrible family life my parents and I had and took me to a foster-family. The Childprotectiveservice wrote reports about my parents' behavior and advised my mother to move out and separate from my father. So they had already seen at that time that my father was a danger to this family. But unfortunately, love is much stronger than a document from the office...

My mother moved to a small house in the countryside from Geochang and did what the Childprotectiveservice told her. She went to a mental hospital for her health, showed the Childprotectiveservice how everything worked out better, but what they didn't know was that my father kept coming into this house and just waited for the Childprotectiveservice to finally bring me back. After almost 3 months I was back with my family. At that time I was already 2 years old. Everything was so unusually new, but still not right. My parents promised me a better life. They told me they both had a good job now and could offer me more. But as a child you don't understand that yet and you were just happy to be with your parents again.

If I read it like that, I could punch me in the face and kill my father. It disgusts me to talk about it like it was perfect, because it definitely wasn't. But I don't understand it until now, and now it's too late...